fake glasses ; ethan dolan

i dedicate this imagine to peacfullydolan because we recently just got married and i love her.

today was your first session with your new tutor, because your maths results have been drastically dropping, and your parents thought that you needed motivation for studying and to understand things better.

you were embarrassed about having a tutor, and you didn't want people to know that in your mind, you were dumb.

you didn't know who your tutor was, but you knew it was someone from your school. it could be anyone, you thought. you thought it would be a waste of time, and you could pick up your grades on your own.

you walked into the library, scanning the people in it, realising that you had no idea what your tutor looked like. you walked up to the front desk where one of the librarians was tapping away at her computer. you placed your hands on the tall desk as the librarian looks up, giving you a kind smile.

"hi, how can i help you?"

"hi, uh, i was wondering if you knew if there was someone in here that was supposed to be tutoring today. i'm not really sure who i'm meeting." you asked and the librarian nodded.

"the young boy at the back table just in that corner." she directed you and you nodded, thanking her. you made your way to the back of the library, gripping on to one of the straps of your backpack of books.

as you grew closer, you realised, from the back, it was ethan dolan, a very nerdy kid in your school, but you never really spoke to him. you never really got a chance to speak with him, but you always thought he was cute because he was so shy. he was always drawing, and he would play dimmock, the card game with his friends at lunch, but that's basically all you knew about him.

ethan, was drawing in his journal as he waited for you to come, sketching a beautiful drawing of a hand holding a delicate flower. he pushed his thin round glasses a bit further up the ridge of his nose and fixed his left earplug as an audio book of 'to kill a mockingbird' played in his ears.

you walked up to ethan and sat in the chair in front of him and when he realised your presence, he quickly closed his journal.

"hi ethan." you gave him a gentle smile and he gives you a shy one. you look down at ethan's hands that are placed on his worn, brown journal, his fingers shielding it from you. "what were you drawing?" you asked kindly, really wanting to see what was between those pages.

"o-oh, it's nothing, just a stupid sketch." he stuttered at the beautiful girl in front of him. he kept his eyes down.

"surely it's not nothing, nor is it stupid. i heard you like to draw, you must be pretty good i bet."

"n-no, it's s-silly." ethan shook his head, embarrassed to show his art to a girl who has never spoken to him before. girls never spoke to him.

"well, why don't you tell me what music you're listening to." you ask and ethan's cheeks go red, embarrassed because he didn't want you to know that he was listening to such a book. ethan pulled out his phone before trying to speak, but only stuttering.

"n-nothing important— oh, u-uh, hang on," he said nervously as he tried to pause the book but his shaking hands stopped him from doing so. "s-sorry," he was embarrassed, because he was so nervous. he ripped out his earphones in hopes to makes things easier, but one had gotten twisted it his glasses.

you giggled lightly as you reached your hands out for the side of ethan's face. ethan turned his head, his cheeks growing a darker red as your thin fingers ran across his hair and ear, slowly untangling the cord from his glasses. once you held it, you quickly put it in your ear before ethan could stop you, gripping it tight so he couldn't pull it away.