coming home ; ethan dolan

i'm using elora as the name for this because i really like the name and there's just some imagines that i don't want to use people i've spoken to's names. this is one of them, and the parts that come after.

today was the day. after months and months of no contact, other than a phone call every few weeks, your husband, ethan, was coming home. he was a soldier, fighting in afghanistan. you were so incredibly proud of him, and just wanted to see him, home and safe.

you stood near the terminal of the airport, your hands shaking, you just couldn't wait to see him. you lifted your chin, as you looked through the crowd for your husband. soldiers in their uniforms started to filter out, and you got even more jittery to see him.

and then, there he was. carrying his two duffle bags, the same black ones that he would take when he would come for a sleepover when you were both seven years old, and the same ones he brought when the two of you left for college that day in early fall. his buff build was showing with his camouflage print uniform on, and his hair was cut to a number three or four. his eyes sauntered around the room, but you had already started running towards him. when his eyes met your figure, he dropped his duffle bags just in time to catch you into his arms. your arms went around his neck and your legs hooked around his waist, tears rolling down your cheeks, just from the immediate feeling of ethan holding you.

"i missed you so much, oh my god." you cried, digging your face into his shoulder.

"i missed you so much, too, elora." ethan's voice was weak, meaning that he must be crying also, his hands wrapping around your waist. you smiled through tears as he rubbed up and down your back, sending chills down your spine. you sat back so you were facing ethan, his hands were now supporting you up by your thighs.

"holy shit, you're actually here." you put your hands on his face, feeling his soft skin.

he's actually here.

eyes glistening, ethan laughed lightly, tears falling out of his and your eyes. you pressed your lips against those lips. the lips you missed so dearly. the lips you craved for almost 8 months. you felt ethan's warm tears wipe themselves onto your cheeks, but you didn't care because the same thing was probably happening to him. when you pulled away, you stared deeply into ethan's eyes, that bored into yours.

"i love you so, so much." you said, hugging him again.

"i love you, baby." he said softly, holding you tight and rested his head beside yours. you stayed in silence as you ran your fingers over his now dark short hair.

"you're home." your voice cracked.

"i'm home, and i'm not going anywhere." he said, bringing his hand to your head, and pressing a kiss to the side of your head, you letting your hand fall and drape over his shoulder.

he was home, finally, back in your arms, and it was the best feeling.

i have been thinking about this one for a really long time, and i'm sorry that it's so short.

comment if you want a part 2

okay, shanks bye :)