“I would prefer this conversation to be between just you and me. I wouldn't want any wandering ears to catch it.” She said tapping her desk, indicating me to come forward. I hesitantly walked closer to her. I was unaware of a few of my classmates catching hold of our room wide conversation. They walked back the way they came and positioned themselves so they could eavesdrop, just outside the door.

   “I have to commend you on your essay today. It is quite impressive, but there are a few issues I have on it. The main one being that you blatantly call out Alphas. Now I personally don't a have a problem with this, seeing as I'm an Omega and all. But it was generally felt that your upper-status classmates didn't take the criticism too well. You may think that it isn't a big deal, calling out the mistakes of one stats in the past, but the way you did it caused some anger and disrespect towards those of a higher status than you.”

   “So you're mad that I told the truth on how the acted fifty years ago?”

   “No, no, not at all. I’m not mad in the slightest. I'm just saying that maybe you should be a bit more considerate of the other classes around you. I know it doesn't really matter to you right now, seeing as you're an Omega, and you're also nine, but to the others like the Betas and Alphas, it really angers them and they take it as a sign of respect. Now I’m not saying that you need to get rid of your free speech and criticism. I'm just going to ask you to sugar coat it a bit, so it doesn't offend any of the upper classes. It's just for your own safety.”

   “My own safety?” The conversation was wrapping circles of confusion around my head. “I really don't see how my giving small criticisms to an upper class would endanger my safety?”

   “I- Well you s- When on-. Oh geez, how should I put this? You are aware of the social pyramid, right?’

   “Of course! It was the first thing I was taught.”

   “Good. Well, then you know that you are at the bottom and far from the top. Now when you are at the bottom, there are chains holding you back from doing and saying certain things. These chains are invisible because there is no law saying that they are real, but culture and society ring those chains to life. If you take the chains off, then the balance of the pyramid will shift, and the higher classes won't like that. And since thy are a higher class, they will do anything to restore the balance. And when I say anything, I mean ANYTHING. I'm going to stop here because this is a conversation you should be having with your parents, and not me, but I will say one last thing before you go. You gain full understanding of things, either by knowledge or experience, and I do hope you get the full understanding of this from knowledge and no experience. That's all dear! Have a nice afternoon,” The teacher said.

   “R-right. You have a nice day too,” I said putting on a fake smile. I left the classroom trying to unwrap the thread of confusion converting my brain. I left the school building repeating that last sentence. “You gain full understanding of things, either by knowledge or experience, and I do hope you get the full understanding of this from knowledge and no experience”

   I didn't know what she meant by that. I forgot about everything else and put full effort, concentrating on unwrapping the meaning of her words. I walked along the path that cut through the woods that lead to my house. I was so focused that I didn't even release the group of boys quickly catching up to me, the same ones who were eavesdropping.

   Suddenly, I felt a cold hard hand, painfully grip my shoulder. Another hand grabbed my other shoulder and spun me around. I looked up, in shock to see a group of 4 Alphas, cornering me into a small circle of densely packed trees. The largest one, who was currently digging his hands into my shoulders was also giving me a death stare. Suddenly he pushed me up against the wall of trees. The rough texture hit my shirt and ripped, exposing my back to the oak wall. Suddenly the man who was now pinning my arms to the tree spoke.