Bad, worse, better

When my father got home from work Alice drove me home. She was sweet and parked extra close to the door and helped me get out of her car before giving me my forearm crutches. Then as best as I could I hobbled up the porch, doing my best not to fall, and to the front door.

Luckily these crutches weren't my primary means of getting around. Carlisle had told me that he was going to look into getting me a wheelchair since it rains alot and I could slip and further injure myself. He didn't want to take any chances.

"Daddy I'm home!" I called as I crossed into my house.

"About time, I was starting to get worried. Bella said that you hurt your foot this morning and-" He paused, when he came into the foyer and saw my leg casted and me supporting myself with the crutches. "What on earth did you do Soph?" He said as he came over to my side and helped me into the living room before settling me on the couch.

"I was rushing down the stairs to get to my bedroom and I went down on my ankle the wrong way. Dr. Carlisle says I was lucky I didn't require surgery."

"My father says she has a broken ankle and a fractured fibula. She will be in this cast for at least a month if things heal properly." Alice explained as she came into the room and stood beside me.

"Alice, right?" He asked.

Alice nodded her head. "I had a proposition. I was thinking that, maybe, until her leg was healed she might be able to stay with me and my family. She would be in very good hands."

My father held his hand out as my sister entered the room carrying a beer. He took it and cracked it open before taking a sip.

"I don't think so. Not that I don't appreaciate the offer of help it's just that I think she will be fine without it."

"But dad-"

"Sophia Allyse, we are not going to have this conversation. I said no, and no means no. Now stop."

I huffed. "But dad I need someone to help me take care of myself. I have one leg! One leg! I have to be able to get to school, get around school, get home from school...."

"Your sister can help you."

"But how am I supposed to bath myself without ruining my cast! Or what about getting upstairs without killing myself. Carlisle said he doesn't want me on my feet at all and he was going to get me a better means of getting around."

"A wheel chair?" Bella began. "You in a wheel chair, I just don't see it."

"Bella, shut up!" I snapped.

"Like I said, Soph, your sister can help you."

I crossed ,my arms. "Really? Bella, the one who can barely walk across a flat surface, being the one I depend on to help me to my room."

"That is it. Sophia Allyse, this conversation is over! Go to your room."

"Dad..."

"SOPHIA ALLYSE, room.... Now!" My father shouted.

I looked over at Alice, my face red with embarrasment. Then I rose to my feet, and with my crutches I hobbled out of the living room and over to the stairs where I began to climb.

"Here, let me help you." She said as she tried to help me up the stairs.

"I got it." I grumbled as I came onto the landing.

"No, just let me-" Bella insisted.

"I GOT IT!" I snapped at her, turning quickly to shaked her off.

I jerked too hard, causing my weight to unsteady me and then I fell into Bella who tumbled down the stairs. We landed at the bottom with a loud thud that caused several pictures on the wall to fall.