Transition

Benedicts POV

After I bit her I lifted her broken body into my arms and took off running as quickly as I could. We were an hour away from my families home in Forks. That hour drive only took me twenty-five minutes running at my top speed of over 100mph. Just as I came to the river and made the leap over Esme and Carlisle joined me.

"Car accident." I rushed out as we headed back to the house.

"I know, Alice seen." Carlisle responded. "How long ago did you do it?" He asked as we started to his home office that was set up like a medical office.

"Thirty minutes at least." I muttered

From my position upstairs I could hear Rosalie going on a verbal rampage about how I was so reckless and how this was going to ruin everything. That there was no way this was going to end well since it was the daughter of the Chief of Police.

Carlisle took a thick metal syringe from a drawer and stabbed it directly into her heart before pushing down on the plunger. From the smell I knew it was venom.

"Three days." Was all Carlisle said before he left the room with Esme at his side.

I took a seat beside the steel table that Sophia's body lay upon. She was so still and so quiet it was eerie and unnatural for a transitioning vampire. I lay my hand upon hers and watched her face. Even covered in blood and scars she was perfect.

Sighing I rose to my feet and left the room to join the others downstairs. Carlisle had called a family meeting. Everyone was sitting around the large wooden table in the formal dining room with Carlisle and Esme at the head when I entered the room and took my seat. All eyes were on me, some more sympathetic than others. Rosalie's glare was the only one that had malice radiating in them.

"We all know why we are here." Carlisle began.

"Because someone was reckless." Rosalie sneered, her eyes trained on me.

"Rose." Emmett murmured as he placed his hand on her shoulder.

"I know what I did and I am not going to apologize for it." I replied back.

Carlisle began pacing the room. This went on for a few minutes before he came to a stop. "It has been quite some time before we've added onto our coven so we need to think on how we are going to deal with this."

"In the past when we added someone we would pick up and move, so the question is how do we go about doing this.  Sophia is the daughter of the Chief of Police, we can't just disappear with her without him looking." Esme finished.

"Yeah it'd look very suspicious if we just picked up and moved at the moment his daughter went missing. We'd be prime suspects." Jasper said matter-of-factly.

I sank my head into my hands as I just realized the seriousness of what I've done. Changing her would fix some problems but more just popped up in their place. I needed to come up with a solution and quick.

"Faking her death with a fake body is out. There isn't enough time to set everything up." Edward chimed in.

"Maybe... maybe we don't have to fake her death. What if we take her to our Canadian residence for a bit, until we are sure she can control herself then we bring her back." I suggested.

"And what do we tell her father and how do we explain her magically being able to walk again?" Edward replied.

I narrowed my eyes and leaned forward. I knew he was searching my mind.

"Good idea." Edward began before turning to Alice. "We tell Charlie that Carlisle found a specialist in Canada that can fix major spinal injuries and that they've taken her case."