Eyes on me

That night I lay in bed trying to sleep without success. The whole lesbian thing stuck to my mind and I kept wondering if it was indeed true or if I just wanted to get dad off my back about the whole boy situation. The only reason I wasn't one hundred percent confident was because he was continuously on my mind.

Something about Ben held my attention. We didn't talk or interact as much as Alice and I did but he was different. I couldn't quite put my finger on it though. It bothered me more than anything since we didn't really know each other. How could someone you didn't know draw you in like he did me.

I was too restless now to sleep, I needed to walk. I needed to breath. 

Getting out of bed I went into my closet and changed into my blue track suit and my tan uggs before I grabbed my ipod and earphones and went outside. Something was luring me into the forest or maybe it was just a curiosity.

I knew Benedicts home was a few miles to the east of our house and we basically shared backyards. I wanted to see him, maybe talk to him. I needed to understand why I felt the way I did when I thought about him.

Standing at the edge of the forest I stared inside, remembering the incident that almost took my life. Did I dare risk everything to go inside?

"You are stupid Sophia, so stupid. You almost died in there yet you want to go back in." I said to myself.

"I agree."

Turning around I gasped as Jackson towered above me.

"Oh my gosh," I gasped, my heart racing and breath coming out in short pants. "You scared me, what are you doing here?"

He glanced over my head and I turned instinctively to see what grabbed his attention. There was nothing there, nothing but trees. Looking back at Jackson my face fell as he was still looking into the forest. 

What was he looking at. From what I could see there was nothing there... at least from what I could see.

Suddenly the hairs on my arms rose, something wasn't right. 

I turned my entire body towards the woods just intime to see Benedict walking towards us. 

"What are you doing here?" Jackson snapped. "You are tresspassing."

The corner of Bens mouth quirked upwards. "Did she know you were here too?" he asked.

"Actually, no I didn't." I admitted.

"Exactly, so you are tresspassing too, Darkness." Ben replied, bitterly.

"Forget the tresspassing bullshit, what the hell are you guys doing in my backyard so late?" I snapped. 

Maybe this was the reason I was so curious about Ben. He was a weirdo, a freak that crept into peoples backyards late at night.

"Well, we do share the same forest as a backyard."

"Yeah I kinda figured that once I wound up at your house the other day. But you shouldn't walk by yourself in the dark you could get mauled by an animal."

Benedict smirked as he glanced over his shoulder at the darkness of the forest. "I don't think the animals will bother me, if they want to live that is. Anyways I am sorry for bothering you, see you at school." He winked at me before turning and walking back into the dark forest.

Jackson scoffed. "What a total freak."

I placed my hands on my hips, still staring into the forest. "Everyone is a freak."

"Yeah but there is normal freak and Cullen freak." he said before throwing his arm over my shoulder. "You and I are normal freaks."

I shrugged away from his shoulder, rolling my eyes. "You, normal?" My eyesbrows rose up at him. "No, there is no way you are normal."