Prologue

A/N: this prologue is told in the point of view of the Mermaid. 

I swam though the warm ocean waters trying to avoid the fish nets that seemed to be everywhere. Usually this area would be nothing but open waters, but today the fishers seem to have moved against the tide. ' This is highly strange normally fisherman would know there are no fish over here especially this time of the year they always stay on the other side of the island. I made my way to a small patch to open water, as I swam through a net suddenly came up from the ocean floor and came around me and started pulling me up to the surface. as the net and my body broke though the surface my tail disappeared along with my fins giving me a human appearance. A man in a white coat and a button up shit walked towards me and grabbed my face in one of his hand, using his other hand he pushed my hair off of my neck. A few moment later there was a sharp pain in the back of my neck and everything started to get blurry and then black.

***********************************Time Skip************************

woke in a strange place that mimicked the ocean. there were tons of fish and other animal in here swimming around most looked as if the were depressed or sick. and the water in here felt off from the ocean.It was slightly colder then what I'm use to. there were thousands of humans walking around the ocean like place pointing at some of the animals in the see through cage. I swam it to this palace like structure and hid in there wishing to be saved, wishing form my family to find my, pleading with the world that someone notices I'm missing and soon. My body felt tired and sore, I closed my eyes and drifted of into a dreamless sleep.

**********************************Time Skip*************************

I awoke with a jolt and looked around realizing I was still in the see through cage. I looked of of my safe haven in the cage and saw  a beautiful human girl looking in to the cage. My mind and body telling me that I had to get close to this goddess, I slowly made my way up to her and touched the wall of the see through cage. Her eyes sparkled with amazement and wonder, they made her even more beautiful then she was already if that was even possibly. she held up a tag that had the name Alice on it , the name suited a beauty like her. Putting my finger in the muddy sand mix at the bottom of the cage. spelled out my name on the wall of the cage, K-a-i. Her soft pink lips moved as she read my name her face lit up after she read it. and we smiled to each other as if we just shared a secret that only two of us knew. 

A/N: sorry if this chapter is so short. I'll try and make the next one longer.