Chapter 3

Riko, Hisa and Rena stood in the gym as they were waiting for all the players to arrive. When they did, Hisa started explaining why they'd been called on their day off. "You're probably wondering why you've all been called here. Well, Rena-chan, Riko-chan and I have organized a little trip to help with your speed and stamina!" She exclaimed and it was so silent that one could practically hear the cockroaches.

"We're going to the water park!" She continued before Riko continued for her. She gave the team a scary glare. "You'd all better thank Rena for reserving a section for us and getting us cheap tickets!" She shouted and everyone bowed. "THANK YOU FUJIMOTO/RENA-SAN!" They continued to bow and she blushed. "Y-You don't have to bow!" She exclaimed and a few minutes later everyone started laughing together.

I'm glad she can fit in here. She isn't afraid. I can't thank them enough. Hisa thought, laughing along beside her best friend.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Why do I have to be in the water, Hisa-chan?" Rena asked holding herself and looking away in embarassement. "And why did you force me to wear this?" She continued, motioning the blue bikini Hisa had forced her to wear. "So we can match!" She exclaimed cheerfully, gesturing the green one – exactly the same model as Rena – on her.

"It'll be fun!" She stuck her tongue out and Rena sighed, shaking her head, a small smile gracing her lips. The two were standing at the end of a lazy-river with a strong current pushing against their backs. They were fine, though, because they had things to grab onto.

The goal of the excersise was so the team's leg strength and endurence would improve. They'd have to run through the large span of flood with the aditional strong current pushing against them, trying to slow them down. They had a ten minute time limit, and if they failed, two minutes of their lunch would be taken away to train some more. However they would do it over, and over, and over again until the lunch hour.

The two had waterproof plastic chronometers tied around their necks. "And...... GO!" They heard Riko shout and they started their timers. "So, Rena-chan, do you like anybody?" Hisa asked with a wink. Everytime they met guys, she'd always ask that question. Rena's cheeks turned slightly pink as she recalled Amaya's words.

"A-Ah n-no....." She stuttured and Hisa's eyes sparkled. "You stuttured! That means it's yes! IT'S A YES!" She shouted and Rena winced at the loudness of her friend. "Hisa-chan! I don't like anybody romantically at the moment." She protested and Hisa rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah~" She sung and Rena sighed and looked at the clear water beneath her. She sunk in until only her nose and above remained untouched.

She was really embarassed wearing the baithing suit Hisa had forced her to wear. She was glad that the area was reserved, or she might have had to leave quite often. Why couldn't Hisa just let her wear Amaya's school swimsuit? How could wearing it be more embarassing than that?

"There's two minutes left. They won't make it." Hisa laughed and Rena shook her head and sighed. About twenty minutes after the time ran out the entire basketball team arrived, panting and nearly falling over in exhaustion.

"We...... made it....... thank goodness." He said and Hisa gave an evil laugh. "You totally didn't make it! In fact, you guys are ten minutes late!" She shouted and they all deflated. "Why......?" They cried. "It's only two minutes so far, you can do it." Rena said encouragingly, though quietly, making most of them snap right back up. "Okay! Back to the begininning! Try again!" She cheered and they let the current carry them back.

"Don't you think ten minutes is a little harsh?" Rena asked, but her friend only shook her head and laughed. "That's the point. It'll make them go faster, and try their hardest, but really it's impossible for them to get here within that time period. I was impressed with the twenty minutes they gave on their first try, but from now on they'll be going down in intervals of seconds." She explained and Rena looked at her in shock. "Then what about their lunch hour?" She asked and a catish smile grew on her friend's face.

"It's a hoax. They aren't losing any time; Riko-chan just thought it would push them even further." She said and Rena nodded in understanding. Just as Hisa has predicted, they arrived five seconds earlier than their first try.

It continued like that for a few more hours before Riko came on their side of the pool. "When they come back here they'll take a break and eat." The two nodded and they waited for seven more minutes before they finally came into view. It took them about five more minutes to reach the end. "What's..... our score?" He asked Hisa who took the chronometer out. "Seven minutes late!" She shouted and they all deflated. "Don't worry! This was the last time you guys are going to do this!" She exclaimed and their eyes widened. "Aren't we supposed to miss out on our lung?" Junpei Hyuga, the captain, asked, fixing his glasses.

"Nope! It was a joke to get you to work harder!" Hisa chirped and most of the team tripped and fell into the water. "So you guys are done! You have one hour to relax before we head over to your next exercise!" She cheered and they all got out, sighing in relief.

They stretched a little before they followed Riko, Hisa and Rena to the small cabin reserved for their team. Rena quickly slipped on a slightly oversized T-shirt that had once been her father's. Hisa whined but Rena shook her head, her cheeks slightly pink. "You're no fun, Rena-chan! We don't match anymore!" She pouted and crossed her arms over her chest, looking away. "Sorry, Hisa-chan.... It's too embarassing....." She said quietly, but Hisa's mood immidiatly lightened. "Oh! Rena-chan! Lets go sit over there!" She shouted, and Rena barely had the time to take the small box Amaya had packed for her before she was dragged to a nearby table under the shade.

"So, Rena-chan, interested in anyone?" There was that question again, and Hisa wiggled her eyebrows, hoping to somehow crack the girl; what she didn't realize that Rena didn't exactly fancy anyone – yet. She might have felt the flicker of emotions, but nothing concrete enough to confide in her best friend. She'd always avoided the subject of crushes; she felt as if it was awkward to speak of when she hadn't even gone on a date with the said person.

She shook her head and gave her friend an odd look. "Hisa-chan, I already answered that question." She said and Hisa sighed in defeat. "Ugh, fine. You aren't any fun, Rena-chan!" She pouted, but the glint in her eyes was teasing. Rena simply gave a small smile in return.

Soon the picnic around them filled with members from the team. "Mind if we sit with you?" The two looked up to see Shinji who was dragging Rinnosuke by the back of the collar of his shirt. "Not at all!" Hisa chirped, looking slightly more jolly – not that she wasn't jolly to begin with. Hisa and Shinji started talking about something, leaving their best friends to sit in silence. It was hard to make up a conversation with Rinnosuke – or so Rena thought, seeing as he couldn't talk, but she found it easier than she thought.

"So, how are your siblings?" She asked and he gave a small smile and a thumbs up. He seemed to purposefully do things that she would understand, and that fact made her face flush a little. He pointed to her and she looked at the packed lunch on the table, a soft smile on her face.

"Well, my younger sister, Amaya, does most of the household chores and she seems to think that she needs to do it all because I have, erm, problems, sometimes, and she doesn't act like it, but I know she gets tired from it all, and I try to help her but she just pushes me away." She chuckled softlly, and a sad smile crossed upon her features. "My other sister – Amaya's twin – Kumi she is a bit different. She's mostly cooped up in her room, and she never displays any emotion so it's hard to know how she's feeling and – " She cut herself off, suddenly feeling embarassed. "Sorry, you probably didn't want to hear all that." She mumbled as she attempted to shrink in her seat.

He simply shook his head and smiled, making her feel somewhat relieved. "Is the training too tough?" She asked, worrying for the wellfare of her team. He shook his head, reassuring her. She sighed. "I'll have to ask Amaya to teach me how to cook a few things." She mumbled, relating the topic to the upcoming matches; she'd have to make snacks because they would get much, much more intense.

He tilted his head in question and she looked away, embarassed once again, that he heard her. "Well, you see, my cooking skills are mild, and since Amaya insists on doing it all by herself, I don't exactly practice alot." She said, averting her gaze. Hisa glanced at her friend, mistaking the redness of her cheeks for something else.

When it was time to head back to training, Rena felt slightly happy – the reasons were unknown to even her. As they were walking towards their next destination, Hisa brushed up against the pinkette. "So, Mitobe-san, huh?" She asked, recieving an odd stare from her friend. "E-Eh?!" She said, and Hisa cackled as she skipped through the crowd.