Chapter 7 : Hidden

I open up my dorm room door and immediately wanted to leave, even though Headmaster told me not to.

"What are you doing?" Riot hisses at me and slams the door shut behind me. Guess there's no leaving now.

"This is my dorm too," I whisper even though I wanted to scream it in her face. Let's just say I was a bit scared of her fists.

She sneers at me. "I know that, but what are you doing?"

I roll my eyes, a slow confidence rolling through me. "I was planning on studying, the Great Hall's too loud."

"Why didn't you go to the Library then?"

"I thought you were there and you made it pretty clear you didn't want to be disturbed while you were there."

"And I don't want to be disturbed here either," she hisses and shoves me slightly.

I whirl around. "What's your freaking problem?"

She blinks at me. I guess in all of our time knowing each other I've never really yelled before.

"I said, 'what's your freaking problem?' "

"I don't know what you're talking about," Riot says and turns around, walking across the room to grab a book.

"Seriously?" Riot turns to look back at me. "Seriously? You have no idea? Are you freaking blind? You went in for a freaking Detention all nice and crap and now you're acting like if someone so much as touches you you'll burn them at the stake."

She had tensed when I said Detention and just stared at me with those nearly-black eyes of hers.

It only took her a few strides to reach me and another to shove me up against the door.

"Listen here you little brat," she spat, "if you so much as ever think that word around me you will be dead in the basement where no one is ever going to find you, okay?"

I try to to push her off and she just slams me even harder against the wall. Yelping, I grip onto her wrists, as if it would help. Finally, I lift my gaze to look her in the eyes and stop struggling.

"Okay?"

Her eyes fought her words and her tone. The dark abyss's that I've always been scared off look like they're about to cry. I can see the tears welling up in her eyes, almost breaking out.

She looks... scared.

"Okay."

Riot lets go of me and I immediately reach up to wipe her eyes. Surprisingly, she doesn't reject my touch, instead she just smiles slightly. It's... odd to say the least.

Riot mouths a small thank you to me before grabbing my hand and pulling it away from her face. We stand there for a bit and she taps on my hand slowly and in what feels like a patterned technic. Then she lets go and walks out of the room.

I stand there for a second, confused before it hits me. Morse code. Riot knows Morse code. For once I'm wishing I payed attention whenever she would practiced, or at least maybe-I dunno-asked her about it.

I sigh, unsure of what to do. I don't know any Morse code and I sure don't have a good enough memory to find a sheet and figure it out.