Chapter 11 : Sudden Change

Start from the beginning

"Shi-Shikigami-san...?" Hinami asked, a bit shocked. She didn't expect to meet him here. "Why are you here?" Hinami asked, straightening up. "Me? Tell me about you first. Why're you here?" He asked, laughing. "Unless you tell me why you're here, I won't tell you anything and I will be leaving." She said, turning away.

"Okay okay sorry. Don't go, okay?" He said, grabbing her arm. "Please don't touch me." Hinami said rather rudely, pulling her arm away from his grip. "Okay, okay, calm down now. I'm sorry, please just don't go." Shikigami said, and he bowed slightly.

"Huh? What's he playing at? It doesn't feel right." Hinami thought, turning back. "And he actually bowed?"
"I want to have a talk with you." He said, looking at her. "You haven't told me why you're here." Hinami said, even though her voice was a bit louder than usual, the slight rudeness was gone.

"Oh, sorry. I was here to buy some supper. I was heading to the cafe I frequent just now." Shikigami explained. "Why don't you go to Anteiku? It's the best cafe in this area." Hinami said, folding her arms. "Um, I uh... well, I've done something rather rude there, and I don't think Kirishima-san will be too pleased to see me." He said, scratching the back of his head.

"...Okay...?" Hinami said, still doubting him. "Well, if you want to hear the full story, come to the cafe with me. I'll treat you with some drink." Shikigami said, holding out his hand. "Are you asking me out?" Hinami asked sharply. "No, I just want to know whether you wanna come our not." Shikigami said, and withdrew his outstretched arm.

"You seem to have something bothering you, don't you? Thought you might like to talk about it with someone." He said, and walked away. For a split moment she wanted to turn back and walk away, but Akira's weird behavior came to her mind. "Maybe someone that doesn't know things too well would have a more neutral opinion..." She thought and walked to him.

"I'm coming." She said shortly when she caught up with him. "Okay, lets go then." He said.

At the cafe--

"This cafe is actually really nice." Hinami said when she entered the cafe. The cafe was the cafe where Kaneki and Tsukiyama talked two years ago. "So, what's bothering you?" Shikigami asked after they ordered their drinks and sat down at a table at a corner.

"Well, I don't really know to be honest." Hinami said, and she couldn't stop after she started. She found that spitting those out was a relief, and having another person to listen felt relieving as well. "....And that's all." Hinami finished talking after five minutes, breathing a bit faster than usual.

"Shikigami-san, what do you think?" She asked. He remained silent, biting his finger, appearing to be thinking. Hinami stared at him. "Why did his personality change so suddenly?" Hinami wondered. Not long ago he was just a little bastard who was haughty and disrespectful, and now he was thinking for her? Actually caring about her problems?

"I don't think your sensei really meant anything. It could just be your imagination. I've heard about her before, and she has a really good reputation. Don't students here call her 'The Holy Mother'?" Shikigami said, holding his chin. "Yeah, you got a point." Hinami said, looking down at the table.

"Well, maybe stop thinking about her is a good idea." Shikigami suggested. "What?"
"I mean, if you keep thinking about something that isn't really true, your subconscious will tend to make you believe what you're thinking is true." He said, taking a sip of his coffee.

"So... you mean if I stop think about Akira sensei this will all disappear?" Hinami asked uncertainly. "Pretty much." He said, nodding. She frowned, gripping her glass. "Hey, look at me." Shikigami said, and she looked up. "Cheer up, okay? It's almost Christmas and don't let something that probably doesn't even exist bother you, okay?" He said. "Frowns don't suit your pretty face." He added, and Hinami blushed slightly.

"T-Thanks." She mumbled, and the two laughed. "That's what I'm talking about." Shikigami said encouragingly. "Ah! Wait! I just remembered! What've you done at Anteiku!" Hinami demanded, suddenly looking angry again. "Oh, well..." He scratched the back of his head. "This is... uh... unspeakable... just listen first..."

Ayato was walking down the same road that Hinami did a while ago. His hands were in his pockets and thoughts were flying rapidly in his mind. "Why haven't you learned?" He muttered, feeling angry. "Better not let me see you cornered by another guy again..." Ayato growled.

He walked in silence for another ten minutes, and arrived at the cafe where Hinami and Shikigami were. He walked pass the large window, looking up at the sky with a few stars gleaming feebly. At the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of a brown haired girl chatting with a boy with messy black hair, a girl that was quite familiar.

"Hinami?!" Half of his body had already passed the large window when he turned back. "What's she doing with that bastard??" He thought, feeling his temper rising. Hinami appeared to be enjoying herself. From the window, he could see Hinami laughing really hard, and so was Shikigami.

"Is that really him? Or he's his identical brother or something?" He asked himself in his mind. "Why is Hinami laughing so happily like that? Why is she even talking to him? Why is she even with him?" Ayato thought furiously. He hadn't forgotten what Shikigami had done at Anteiku. But another thought came to him.

"She is enjoying herself, happy, perhaps even happier than when she's with me..." These words flew in and out his mind within seconds, and his mouth curled into a smile. "Whatever you do. There's nothing to do with me now. Just don't get yourself killed." He muttered, and left.

The fog on the window caused by his breath hadn't quite disappeared when Hinami suddenly turned to look at the place where Ayato was standing at a few seconds ago. "Is something wrong, Hinami-chan?" Shikigami asked, eyeing her. "Nothing, it's just... I thought..." She mumbled, still staring at the window. "You thought?"
".....No, never mind." Hinami said, her gaze still on the dark, empty street outside the window, and she slowly pulled her eyes back to Shikigami.

Ayato was walking back to Anteiku, and for some reason, he felt calm. "I don't know why, but somehow, we are connected." Ayato thought, and Shikigami's face appeared before his eyes again. "Even though you're having fun, stay aware, no matter how well he's treating you." He said like Hinami was just beside him.

He opened the door and entered Anteiku. The lights were all dimmed, except for the light coming out from gap between the staff room door and the floor. Yoshimura opened the door.

"Oh, you're back, Ayato-kun. Isn't Hinami-chan with you?" He asked, turning on the lights. "Nah, she's fine. She's with her classmate." Ayato said, sounding a bit not like the usual him, walking upstairs. "She'll be back in a few minutes." He said, and went back to his own room.

Yoshimura stared at the dark stairs, many thoughts were flying in his mind as well. "You're like siblings, brother and sister. Don't be blinded, don't be fooled, don't hesitate. Your situation is different from Kaneki-kun and Touka-chan's, don't ever let it go, Ayato-kun, it is now or never." He said to the empty stairway.

A/N: Yeeeeessssssss!!!!!!! Chapter 11 finished!!!!!!!! Does it match what you're thinking????? Do you like it????? I'm sure you do!!! And it's almost 2017!!!! Happy New Year!!!!!! Please remember to vote, comment and follow me!!!!