Chapter 11 : Sudden Change

Start from the beginning

"No no, it's just that, um, well, do you think Akira sensei hates me?" She said, looking at the ground again. "What?" The two said blankly, feeling a bit shocked at Hinami's sudden thought. "What's that supposed to mean? Of course Akira sensei likes you! What are you talking about?" Miza said, looking at her, eyes widening.

"But don't you see? When we were talking just now, when I was talking to her, she seemed to be avoiding eye contacts." Hinami said, frowning. "And come to think of it now, she seems to be avoiding looking at me in the eye from the beginning of the semester, and why did she give me that look when she called my name on the first day here?" Hinami asked, looking at the two, still frowning.

The two looked as though someone had slapped them in the face, and Saiko's mouth was slightly open. "Really?" That's what Miza managed to squeeze out her mouth after a minute of silence. Hinami nodded. "I don't think so, I really don't think so. Akira sensei is a really good person and teacher. There must be some misunderstanding!" Saiko said indignantly.

"Calm down now, Saiko-chan. Hinami-chan, if there's anything uncertain in your heart you should go get it cleared. Both of us never saw what you just described, but if you keep feeling it happening, go ask her straight away." Miza said, grabbing her hands, trying to comfort her.

"Yeah, I know. Maybe I should talk about this with onii-chan and onee-chan first. I think they can help me." Hinami said, and she smiled. "Okay, we know. You can call us anytime if you need help." They two said in unison. They arrived at Anteiku. Saiko and Miza ordered two cups of coffee and left.

"Hm.... why...?" Hinami muttered to herself at the counter after a few hours of work, and there were no customers now. "What? Something wrong?" Koma asked, cleaning the tableware. "If something is bothering you, a walk at a clear, cool night might do you some good." Irimi said. "Well, okay, I'll go for a walk." Hinami said, walking out from the counter, going upstairs to get changed.

Hinami came back downstairs after a few minutes, wearing a coat and a scarf. "We'll tell Yoshimura-San where you are. Don't go too far and keep warm." Said Koma like a caring father. "Okay, thank you." She said and went out of the cafe. About fifteen minutes later Ayato walked out from the kitchen.

"Hey, the dishes are finished." He said, taking an apron off. "Thank you, Ayato-kun." Koma said, and he put the cleaned tableware back to a drawer. "Hm? Where's Hinami?" He asked, looking around. "Something seems to be bothering her, so she went for a walk." Irimi said.

"What? Went for a walk? It's almost nine thirty now and she went out for a walk??" Ayato said, his voice a bit louder. "It's fine, Ayato-kun, she--"
"Fine? You don't know how fucked up this place lately is! There tones of goddamn freaks in the street!" He snapped and stormed out. "Is it true?" Irimi asked, looking slightly worried. "I don't know." Koma said, shaking his head. "He is right." Yoshimura said, walking out the staff room. "You've been away for a while, things aren't the way they were before anymore."

Hinami was walking down the street, feeling the night breeze blew on her face smoothly. "Why...." She muttered. "Am I not being good? No, I don't think so. Did someone say something bad about me and sensei actually believed it? No, certainly not, she is a reasonable person. Or is she worrying about me?" Hinami thought, closing her eyes.

"Ah~~~! I want to know what that means!!" She shouted, and bumped into someone. She fell back, but didn't hit the ground. She opened her eyes and saw Shikigami was in front of her, grabbing her arm. "You have to keep your eyes open when you walk, you know??" He said, smiling in a rather different way.