"I-Isn't that more of a threat than a cheer?!"

"C'mon! Loser's gotta treat the winner to ramen!" The auburn-haired male could be seen literally flaming in determination, scaring away people who were in Ren's vicinity... except Tamaki of course who had entered his 'It's-A-Commoner's-World-Yippee!' mode. Managing a not-so-confident smile, I went to the hyped duo. For now, going along with what Ren wants seemed like a good idea.

Also, it's because I haven't exactly had a proper hang out with Asao Izumi in person anyways, as two people instead of just one.

******

"OKAY! Today was a good day woohoo~!" The Host Club King cheered as we all left the mall, tired but satisfied.

"Yeah but... if I ever forget please remind me why I shouldn't play with Ren in the Shaolin Showdown card battles..." I sighed remembering the outcome of the battle. Ren literally had me cornered from all sides, a surprising thing since Ren always claimed himself to be the 'non-thinking' and 'go-with-your-instincts' type. Either his instincts were spot-on or he actually had a working brain, he definitely won fair and square.

"Thanks for that ramen though! Looking forward to next time though~!" He dared to cheer happily too, what nerve!

"Please don't." The whole group then laughed at my misery, wow how supportive of them hahaha.

"Anyways, we all had a lot of fun today so I guess we'll be heading back first. I have an appointment." Kyoya fixed his glasses.

"What Kyoya really?! Aw man that's too bad, I guess we'll leave too!" With that, everyone began to walk different ways, "See you all next week!"

"Byebye Ren-chan~! Jun-chan~!"

"...." Mori said nothing but gave a small wave.

"Ciao!"

Now with the Host Club gone off their separate ways, it was just me and Ren now heading home together. The chat had subsided into silence, but it wasn't an awkward one. Comfortable really, as everyone had left the arcade in a good mood including me.

"Oi Jun," Ren's voice suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts,"Do you think Maika's gonna cook today?"

"Maybe, she might be bringing back our mum's food from Nagoya."

"Oh, so she visited your parents today? I keep forgetting you guys moved out to stay here lol."

"Well yeah, we kinda wanted to be more independent... Hey what's up over there?"

At my words, Ren peeked around my right to see where I was looking at. A few meters in front of us, there was a crowd of people gathered at the side of the road, around what looked like a car. Some people began to leave the crowd, allowing us to near the area to get a glimpse of what had attracted their attention in the first place.

It had been a simple car crash really, a direct hit with a telephone pole. The engine let out its last dying wheeze, a smoky hiss that faded along with the wind. The loser of the battle had been the car, its front hood completely wrecked and windshield slightly cracked. Lying on the ground beside the car was a male in a hoodie, looking a little confused and disoriented as to why he was there. People nearby had been helping him up while the rest were bystanders like me and Ren. That guy must have been the driver of the car. Apart from these few things, everything else seemed to be alright.

"Car crash huh... well that doesn't happen very often here. C'mon Ren let's go."

Ren did not answer me; he simply looked distracted as his eyes fixated themselves onto the scene. He stood as still as a rock, immobile and unnerving the longer he stared at the scene. Something reflected in his alarmed eyes; was that fear by any chance?

"Ren?"

However, he didn't allow me to stare very long, he immediately snapped himself out of it and began to follow my pace.

"Oh yeah... 'kay."

The silence that followed seemed a little off after that, awkward even. That car crash scene seemed to have affected Ren, although he wasn't a part of it. Not wanting to let the silence continue, I thought back to anything that might start a conversation.

"So Ren, are you still visiting the hospital?" Really, of all topics? Ren didn't seemed to mind, he still looked a little too distracted anyway to pay attention to my inner plights.

"Yeah, once every week since Kyoya's such a worrywart." His mouth suddenly pulled up into a smirk, "Don't tell me you're worried about me, too?"

"No! I'm asking for Maika you jerkface!" At that, Ren simply laughed. The atmosphere which had been a little tense earlier dissipated into nothingness, into the normal everyday life routine with Ren. If 'atmosphere' were to be compared to 'music', now would be a point in time where a simple melodic tune played in the background.

"Seriously though Jun." Without warning, the shock happened. Ren actually raised his hand and- no, he didn't slap me you idiots, patted my head. Yes, here was the almost-delinquent patting my head as if he had done that all his life. As if he used to do this to someone, to his little sister-

"Maika would kill me anyways if I ever did anything." He said that in a cheerful tone.

"Hahaha, glad you know~" I smirked at the amusing thought of my sister beating Ren up. Ren seemed to notice my smirk as he began pouting.

"Oi don't tell me you're already imagining it Jun..." He trailed off in mock anger while I simply continued to smirk.

"So what if I am?" Now it was Ren's turn to smirk as he closed in one me. Uh oh...

"If you are then.... you're gonna be tickled to death!" Hands began to assault my ticklish areas, causing me to erupt in loud laughter.

"R-Ren you idiot!!!" 

"You ain't ever gonna beat me Jun!"

The evening then ended in a draw as we collapsed in the living room until Maika came home.

A/N: Brace yourselves uhuhuhu~ :D