Discovering My Past

Everything went by so fast. Images flashed before her once more, temporarily bringing her out of the water experience. Despite her extreme need for oxygen now, she still focused whatever remained of her consciousness towards those flashing images.

The first showed a flower field, full of blooming buttercups. In the sea of yellow flowers, laughter could be heard from three children in a distance. Jun could not make out who these three were, but at least they were approaching her side of the field now. Soon, she could make out their voices clearly.

"Izumi wait up!" A girl yelled out.

"Come catch me if you can!" The boy responded, running about in circles with arms spread out wide like an airplane's wings. Being the closest one to Jun's point-of-view, she could see his auburn hair and bright green eyes. This was the little boy from the first vision, though slightly younger. The third person, another girl who had not spoken yet, caught up with the boy and tackled him down. She too had auburn hair, fixed in twin tails and the same green eyes with a bright smile on her face. Laughing, she and the boy ended up rolling in the flowers.

"Caught you Onii-chan!" She yelled merrily. It wasn't clear yet who she was, but Jun got the feeling that she might be the 'Maya' from her first vision.

"I didn't ask you to catch me!"

"You two! Wait for me! You guys are so fast!"

The third person caught up to the duo, panting as she fixed her dress. The wind blew her black hair back, revealing a young girl's face. The moment Jun saw her face, Jun froze in shock.

That girl was-

"Hurry up Mai-chan! C'mon, let's go to my grandma's house for apple pie!"

"Yay~! Apple pie, apple pie~!"

"Like I said, please wait for me!"

The trio ran off again, laughing and chasing each other under the sun. Jun felt the vision leaving her already but she couldn't care about that.

Isn't that girl... my sister Maika?!

******

Without a second's delay, the twins, Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai had already gone after Jun. Haruhi and the others stood by the sidelines, concern shared among themselves for Jun's safety. Nothing else happened for a few tense seconds. Suddenly, a head emerged from the water. Surprisingly, it wasn't the twins, or Jun.

It was Ren. He swam towards the sides of the pool, his bangs falling into his glowing blue eyes. He still looked pissed off, but at least he wasn't burning with rage.

"F*cking tell me if you can't swim, idiot..." Ren cursed under his breath.

"Ren! Are you okay?" Haruhi reached out a hand and with Kyoya's assistance, the two pulled Ren out of the pool. The twins were up next, sharing identical looks of confusion.

"What... just happened?"

"Right before Jun lost her consciousness I switched with her." Ren squeezed the water out of his clothes and hair, clicking his tongue, "Damn girl never told me anything about not being able to swim!"

"Then how are you able to swim?"

"I've gone to swimming classes before when I was six," Ren replied as he got a towel to wipe himself dry, "Couldn't do anything about it, my mum told me it'll come in handy if I ever fell into the water. Thank god she forced me to go."