It's Over.

Hana's POV
In the end, I had to...
*SMACK*
I slapped Jihoon in the face, breaking off the kiss.
Jihoon slipped off his seat and landed on the ground, holding his cheek.
I crouched down and held onto his wrist, pulling him up.
"Jihoon-ah, I can't accept you as a boyfriend. But, I can accept you as a friend. You need to know. You're not in love with me. You're in love with the past that we used to be." I say and handed him the stuffed penguin. "Jihoon-ah, I'm sorry."
I turned my back and walked away. I hope I didn't slap him too hard. But at least I told him of what he should know. Leaving behind no regrets, I hailed a taxi and headed back to my apartment.
Weeks later...
I haven't heard anything from Jihoon after that day.
It has nearly been a month. I hope I wasn't too hard on him.
I entered my studio for vocal training when my phone vibrated.
It's a text from Jihoon.
-
Jihoon: I'm flying off to America. I thought a lot about what you said. Maybe you're right. Now that I understand, I can finally further my studies in medical research without worrying about you.
Hana: I'm glad. But, how long will you be gone?
Jihoon: A few years? It depends. I have to go now. I'll miss you.
-
He's leaving already?! I turned around about to rush off for the airport when I bumped into my vocal trainer.
"Hey, where are you going?" she asked.
"Something really important came up and I really can't miss it. I am so sorry. Please let me off this once!" I begged.
She sighed, "I give you an hour. Be back ASAP."
I bowed deeply and ran off. As I was about to leave, I coincidentally bumped into Kai and Sehun who were about to enter the building.
Kai grabbed my arm.
"Hana-ya, where you going?"
I told him about Jihoon leaving the country and Kai did not look impressed.
"Oppa, I already turned him down. He is my friend now. Please?"
Kai sighed. "Fine, but I'm coming with you."
Sehun's mouth gaped open, "Yah, but we have practice for our comeback tomorrow. Suho hyung will kill me if he finds out I let you go."
Impatient, I began jumping up and down, urging Kai that we have to leave.
I pull Kai by the arm as I hail a taxi. Sehun tugged on Kai's shirt, pleading him to stay. In the end, all three of us shared the taxi and headed to the airport together.
As we approach our destination, unfortunately, half of the road was cut off by construction causing a traffic jam.
I glanced at my watch. At this rate, I'll never get to see him leave! I took out a wad of cash from my pocket and left it on the passenger's seat beside the driver.
"Thank you!" I jumped out of the car and ran off leaving Kai and Sehun behind.
I rushed to the information counter, cutting the queue. "Excuse me, when is the next flight to America?"
The man at the counter checked his file, "It leaves in 10 minutes, Miss."
I spun round and ran for the Departure Area. There are like, people everywhere. How am I to find him in this place?
Just as I was about to give up. I spotted a young familiar guy, his hair neatly swept aside. He was standing in the queue about to check-in his passport.
"Jihoon-ah!" I shouted. Eyes turned to look at me. Eventually so did his.
Kai and Sehun had caught up with me , resting their hands on their knees, breathless.
Jihoon raised his eyebrows and ask, "What are you doing here?"
I lowered my head. "To apologise for hitting you too hard the other day and to wish you luck on your long trip."
I felt his hand on my head. "Pabo, I forgive you. Don't worry. I accept you as a friend. I'm sorry for causing you so much pain and trouble. For being the cause of your arguments with Kai."
I slowly raised my head and sighed relief. Kai stood beside me and held my hand. "Jihoon-ssi, I'll treat her well. Better than you at least."
They both chuckled.
"Have a safe flight," Kai smiled and waved.
As Jihoon gave his passport to the staff, I can't help but give him a warm friendly hug.
"All the best, for everything." I whispered.
He hugged me back and Kai softly tugged on my sleeve.
The staff returned the passport and I let go, watching Jihoon leave.
Sehun awkwardly waved at a random person, as if pretending to be sending someone off.

Back in the taxi, I sat beside Kai.
He seems a bit off and I can't help but ask.
"Kai oppa, is there something bothering you?"
He sighed, "You really like Jihoon, don't you?"
I chuckled, "Is that what you are worried about? He is just a friend to me."
Kai pouted, "Yea right. I watched how you hugged him."
I playfully poked his cheek and gave him a tight hug, resting my head against his neck. "That hug and this hug are two different things. That was a friendly hug, but this, is an affectionate hug. Besides, all this while, it has always been forever you."
Kai raised an eyebrow. "Forever me?"
I beamed, "Yes! There is no one else but you. Only you. Therefore, it has always been forever you."
Kai laughed. "How cute...forever you. Sehun-ah, you need not squeeze in the corner, there is space for you here. "
Sehun didn't budge, "You guys are so cringe-worthy, I'd rather sit like this than curl my toes sitting beside you two."
We laughed and headed back to our company, ready to face the challenges our relationship may bring. But hey, no relationship is perfect. It has its ups and downs. Most importantly, it is the level of our loyalty and trust that we have in each other.

A/n: Hiya readers!~ This is the last chappie for this book. I really wish I could've wrote more but I was running out of the best ideas. But, I might be starting a new fanfiction soon despite having to go through another round of big exams in 2017. Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoyed this 'Exo Kai' series! Have a great day ahead!!!!