Chapter Fourteen

Becca’s eyes fluttered open to see Tori, soaked in water, standing above her. Becca quickly jumped up and looked around wildly in confusion. She locked gazes with Tyler.

        “Hello,” he smiled at her, a flicker deep within his eyes.

        Becca just stared at him, her hand twitching toward the handgun in the belt-loop of her jeans. He stood up. Tori was busy waking everyone else up, and was too far away to hear Tyler.

        “You must be Rebecca,” Tyler said, taking a single step forward.

        Becca froze, “How do you know my name?”

        Tyler’s smile broadened, “I know a lot of things.” Then Tyler went for his pocket.

        She reacted, grabbing the gun and holding it out in front of her, “No.”

        Tyler moved his hand back to his side, his smile fading.

        “Why are you doing this, Tyler?” she asked.

       He didn’t respond, and Becca made the mistake of looking behind her. Tyler made a swift move.

        Hitting the gun out of her hand, Tyler grabbed Becca as soon as she turned around.

        Tori looked up, “BECCA!” she called out in horror.

        Tyler held a gun to Becca’s head with one hand, the other hand wrapped around Becca’s neck so tightly she could barely breathe.

        “No, Tyler! Take me… don’t touch my team,” Tori was inching closer, her hands out in front of her.

        Tyler used one finger to touch Becca’s chin, “Nice choice you made with this one, Tori. She’s pretty, almost as pretty as you.” Tyler smiled as he began digging his nails into Becca’s neck. Tori scowled.

        Letting out a whimper of pain, Becca bit her tongue to keep from shrieking. When her tongue began to bleed, she bit down on her lower lip.

        “Tyler, come back to our Hub. We can talk there… we can get this all worked out,” Jack was beside Tori, also trying to reason with the man Becca was now sure was psychotic.

        “No,” Tyler shook his head, “Captain, I’m insulted that you think I’m that stupid. I did work at Torchwood myself, you know. I’m sure my lovely Tori has told you everything by now,” he finished, looking at Tori with a strange longing in his eyes.

        Tori clenched her jaw, “I’m not yours, Tyler.”

        Tyler smirked, “Now, you wouldn’t have said that before you tried to kill me,” he winked at Tori and then did something nobody was expecting.

        Tyler shot Tori right near her heart then pushed Becca over the railing, “Good luck sweet Torchwood!” Tyler called, then waved and jumped over the railing after Becca.

        Shots flew as Gwen and Brendan tried to hit Tyler, but they all missed.

        Becca hit the water with a splash, going about six feet under the water of the bay. Using her strong legs, she kicked upward, trying to fight the dizziness that had suddenly overcome her. Breaking the surface, Tyler’s hands once again found their way to Becca’s neck.

        “What a pleasant surprise!” he whispered in her ear, a crazy tone to his usual honeyed voice.

        “Tyler!” she yelled angrily, “Let me go!”

        “Aw, but that wouldn’t be nearly as much fun as you trying to get away from me,” he smiled as he turned Becca around so they were face to face in the water.

        “What do you want?” Becca growled as fiercely as she could.

        “Come with me and I’ll show you,” he replied.

        “No!” Becca yelled.

        His eyes darkened, “Wrong answer,” Tyler tried to grab her wrist, “Come sweet Becca,” he said in his smooth voice.

        Becca wasn’t falling for it - she bit his hand with a vengeance.

        “Ouch!” Tyler’s brow furrowed and he slapped Becca, hard.

        “More like dead Becca!” he grabbed her hair and dragged her through the water.