Chapter Two

“Tori?! Jeff?! Becca?!” Brendan frantically tried to get a response.

          Becca groaned and whispered into her earpiece, “Sorry Brendan. We’re a little tied up right now.”

            The man holding Tori pulled the comms unit out of her ear, and replaced his silver one with it.

            Ari’s voice could faintly be heard, “Guys, are you there?”

            “Hello there!” said the man holding Tori.

            There was a pause. “Who is this?” Ari asked cautiously.

            “I’m Captain Jack Harkness,” a large grin was slowly spreading across the man’s face, as if he was enjoying himself.

            Pause again, “Okay then Mr. Harkness, what have you done with the rest of my team?”

            The Captain’s joking demeanor vanished. “I’ll ask the questions from now on.”

            Silence from Ari and Brendan.

            “Now tell me, what were you planning to do with this creature?”

            Becca opened her mouth to speak, but Jeff beat her to it, “They aren’t just creatures… They’re—”

            A sharp “Oi!” and a thumping sound cut off his voice.

            Ari’s voice was blank, “That’s classified,”

            Captain Jack laughed, “Of course it’s classified!”

      Tori listened closer to his voice. Was that an American accent she detected? That was surprising! Almost pleasing…She was the only American in her own team.

            Captain Jack’s eyes darkened, “Now, you’re gonna tell me what you were planning to do with it.”

            “We’re Torchwood. Let them go if you know what’s good for you.” Ari said smoothly. The secret was out.

            Tori, not kicking anymore, hung her head, and Captain Jack looked surprised and alarmed, “…Very… funny,” he said, no humor showing in his eyes.

            The woman who spoke earlier murmured, “Impossible… Isn’t it Jack?” the woman’s brown hair hung slightly in front of her shocked gaze. Captain Jack stared blankly at the ground.

            “Jack?” A woman with black hair was sitting on Jeff.

             “Let them go,” Jack said.

           His team looked at him, confused, as he let Tori go. Tori stumbled and tripped, lightheaded from the man’s tight hold.

            “Owen,” Captain Jack said, “Let go. Now.

           Owen let go of Becca’s hair and pushed her away. Becca stood up, sent a piercing glare at Owen, and then rushed over to Tori.

            Tori tried getting up, but Becca put a hand on her shoulder, “Got to fix that,” Becca pointed to the gash.

            Tori rolled her eyes and glanced at Jack. “Fine,” She mumbled, and sat down on the ground.

            Owen and Jack tossed Becca and Tori’s comms on the ground in front of them. Becca once again glared at Owen as he walked away, and then picked up the earpiece. She quickly spoke into comms, “Brendan? Do you know where we are?”

            “No,” Brendan’s voice became audible above the roaring in Becca’s head, “Our radar isn’t working.”

            Becca sighed, “Could you try and find us? I need my medical bag.”

            She could almost hear Brendan shaking his head, “You didn't bring it with you?" Becca went to protest and he cut her off, "Alright, alright.”

            Becca sat next to Tori and looked at her, “Are Weevil hunts always this interesting?”

            Tori laughed and shook her head, “No, not always.”

            Becca smiled faintly and waited for Brendan to arrive with her supplies.