41. You are kids and have a play date

Niall is in his room and they're playing with dolls. Mam said it was fine as long as they didn't make a mess and put the dolls back into the box, and then came down for lunch when she called them. He didn't mind playing with dolls - or action figures, as he liked to say.

Y/N told him in secret once how she cut the hair of her Barbie once and Niall wanted to try it on one of her Barbies but he cut it wrong and that made her laugh.

"I'd like to be a princess for Halloween," she says all of a sudden. Niall thought it would be perfect because she smelled like raspberries and her hair was curly sometimes and she always shared her cookies with him. She would be a perfect princess.

"I want to be your prince," Niall says. Why not? They were best friends and she was the only girl that Niall liked to play Barbies with.

"You have to think of your own costume," Y/N says, frowning. She would only let Niall be her prince if they matched outfits.

"I'll probably be a superhero, like last year. I had a mask and a coat and put bad guys into jail," he tells her. "I liked it. But I would like to be a prince too... Someday. Only if you're my princess."

Y/N sighs. Maybe it's unfair and she should accept his offer. After all, it would be boring to have the same costume. She was Tinkerbell for two years in a row - so she knows.

Y/N bites her lower lip. Being nice is really hard. "... You can be my prince."

"Thanks," Niall smiles almost too wide and Y/N thinks that sometimes it's good to be nice.

They play in silence for a while, until Niall says.

"Hey, do you think you'll be under some kind of enchantment? " Niall asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"No," she shakes her head. He doesn't get it at all. "I will have a beautiful dress and tea parties every day."

"What about frogs?"

"Frogs?"

"The princess has to kiss a frog so he can turn back into Prince Charming and then live happily ever after."

Y/N scrunches her nose. "No, that's gross! I don't want to kiss anybody - especially not frogs. My Prince Charming will come to the tea parties and there won't be any frogs, only tea." She explained with finality.

"Okay," Niall agrees, "Can I come to your tea party, too?"

"Of course, you can help me make cupcakes," Y/N smiles.

Y/N thinks they can pretend to be prince and princess next time Niall comes over and have a real tea party. Having him there would be really fun.