Chapter 1

🌿Green🌿

Green is life, Green is jealousy.
Green is harmony, Green is money.
Green is renewal.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Sandwiched between the people I stood.

Hungry and desperate people. But, for what?

Christmas Eve.

It was the festive season. It was Christmas! Hell, I had to check my calendar to remind me tomorrow was indeed Christmas.

For me, today was just like any other day. A day no different than Monday. In fact, I lived every day as if it was Monday. I had seven Mondays in a week. No starting of the week nor a weekend. Just work, work and work.

Okay, not Rihanna's 'work'. Please, no. I do not want to loose my sanity.

Work was my life line. My sole existence. I was heading to my room. Yes, a room. Not my home. Since I never did live there.

My work place was my home. Actually, I literally had everything there. A cabin big enough, for me to stretch. Desk with all essentials, my Lappy (aka laptop), food and a chair.

I should probably sell that damned cot and save some more money.

Money. Another reason for my existence.

Money can't buy you happiness? Bah! That's what people who don't have money like to say.

Ping!

Mr.Anderson,

Do send the report to me. As soon as possible.

Manager,
Ms. Howard

And, there goes my evening.

It wasn't that I was going to spend my eve with anything special. I just wanted to be lazy and spend my eve rather in peace. If it existed.

The train came to halt.It was my cue to swim through the crowd and reach the door. On my way, I guess I stepped on a foot or two. Maybe shoved few aside. Well, they never complained, neither did I waste my effort to apologize. Simple.

"Fuck off!" A hormonal teen swore. Nowadays, they admire the dead pool language. I would be lying if I say I don't.

As I stepped out, I gasped for not so -fresh air.

I pulled out my phone and gave Seth a ring. Seth is the team head. The head who was supposed to complete the report and send it to the manager.

"Keith?'Sup?"

"'Sup?" I demanded,"Well, how about you say 'sup' about the damned report?"

It seemed like our roles were switched.

"KELLY! get off the window" Seth screamed my ears off, "I'm so sorry Keith. It is Christmas eve and the kids won't stop their naughtiness. This one last time! Please"

"But..."

He interrupted,"Oh come on, don't tell me you have some plans for the eve. Do you?"

I paused and then replied," Fine. I will. This one time."