nine

sean's point of view

i missed her already.

i should call her.

i dialed her number and it took a couple of rings for her to answer. "hello?" i called. "h-hey." she answered. "hey, are you okay? you don't sound too good." i worryingly said. "yeah, i'm fine." she sniffed. "i'm sorry if i'm bothering you or anything, i just wanted to talk to you." i apologized and i sounded like a loser. "no, i needed somebody to talk to. no need for apologies." she softly spoke into the phone. "where are you at?" i asked. "i'm just out for a walk."

there was a silent moment for us. i had so many things i was thinking of, but i just couldn't say it. why am i like this? it was like i was too scared of what was going to come after once i say something. i was never the risky guy making risky choices.

"sean? you still there?" aria finally spoke out. "u-uh. yeah." i stuttered. "i'm still here." "i know this is a silly favor, but can you come over?" she asked. "yeah, sure. where are you exactly?" "the park near the school." she responded. "okay. be there soon."

-

I went through the park's gates and searched for Aria. There she was. She was sitting on a bench under a lamppost, looking like a sketchy girl. I jogged up to her and stood in front of her, towering over her. She looked up at me. I noticed her cheeks were stained from tears and her nose was bright red, while the rest of her face was pale or a light shade of pink.

"You can tell me later. I just want to ask you if you're okay." She covered her head with a hood, so I barely saw her face with this poor lighting. "Yeah." She sniffed and rubbed her eyes. "Not really." She corrected herself. "I missed you, Sean." She leaned her head on my shoulder. "I missed you too." I smiled and put my head on hers. "Do you ever think why your life is the way it is?" She questioned. "Uh. Nope, not really." "Well, you should. It can make you realize what's your purpose of living." She explained.

"Why do you think your life is the way it is?" I had the nerve to ask. "Hmm. I feel like God wants me to be strong and he wants to see if I can make it through. I could have an easy life with a happy family and make great choices, but I guess God gave me a hard life to begin with because He knows that I can pull through without damaging myself, so I can look back at what I went through in the past and just inhale all the blessings that He gave me." I was left speechless.

That made me view things differently. "Whatever it is that you are going through, you're strong enough. And you can get through it. I promise." I proudly said. "I don't know why, but when other people say that to me, it sounds like fake bullshit, but when you say it, I actually believe in it."

-

We both broke into laughter. "Do you remember when you were always scared of lizards and Ms. Meyer brought a lizard to class as a class pet and you ran out of the classroom." I snorted. "Oh, my gosh. That was the scariest moments of my life." She began to laugh.

It became silent again, but this time it wasn't awkward. This time, we just needed silence to realize how time flew by quickly.

"You're my favorite person." She smiled. "Sometimes I wonder how my life would be like if we never met." I said. "I would feel like something's missing in my life, you know." She added.

Her phone went off. "It's June. He only saw my text now. The text I sent before you called." She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. He made me wait, I'll make him wait." She scoffed. "Are you two okay?" I questioned. "We're not really on good term right now. His friend, which is my friend, told me that he did something at a party." She rolled her eyes once again. "I hope you guys work that out." I gave a smile. "Yeah."

"Hey, do you mind if I crash at yours? Matthew and I are arguing at the moment." She asked. "Yeah, sure." I replied. "We should be going back then, it's 1 A.M." I said after looking down at my watch.

-

"You can take the bed. I'll sleep on the floor." I insisted, while passing her a few pillows and a thick, cozy blanket. "Thanks, Sean. I appreciate it." She gave a grin. "No problémo." I replied after wrapping myself in my blanket and she returned a chuckled. "Aha. Goodnight, Charles." She yawned. "Goodnight."

YOU ALL DESERVE ANOTHER UPDATE. THANK YOU ALL FOR READING MY BOOK. I REALLY REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I LOVE YOU ALL SM
-jaelen ((: