The Others Have A Part

Ash's POV

We all practised until it was Johnny's turn. Since he was so caught up in his music, I took this opportunity to tell the others to stay back for a bit after rehearsals. I shifted over to Johnny's seat and tapped Rosita on the shoulder. 'Hey, Rosita.' I whispered. Rosita heard me and turned to me. 'Yes Ash?' She asked in her motherly voice. 'Can you stay back after rehearsals? Tell the others too. But don't tell Johnny.' I requested. She looked confused but head what I said.

*after rehearsals*

'Alright everybody you are now dismissed!' I heard Buster shout. Since the word had spread already, none of us left the theater as soon as they usually do. Johnny then touched my shoulder. 'Need me to drive you back? Seems like Lance is still outside.' He said, giving the theater exit/entrance a glance. 'Um.. No thanks Johnny, my err, mother is going to pick me up.' I lied. 'Oh! OK then. See you tommorow?' He asked. 'Yeah, see you tommorow.' I replied. All of us waited patiently, until we saw Johnny's black truck speed past the theater doors. 'So Ash, what did you want to tell us?' Gunter asked, jumping a little. I wonder where all of Gunter's energy came from.... 'First of all thank you for staying back with me. And to answer your question, I need all of your help to plan a birthday party for Johnny.' I explained. 'A birthday party?' I heard Meena ask excitedly. 'Mm hm! In two days time, which is next Monday, will be Johnny's 19th birthday and I was planning to throw him a surprise birthday party!' I exclaimed, excitement rushing through me. 'And I have made a small plan.' I added, opening my guitar case and taking out the rolled piece of paper. I unrolled it and held it where everyone can see. 'Wait, so you're gonna ask Nana to give you some money to bail Johnny's dad out?' Buster asked. I rubbed my arm sheepishly. 'Yeah, I know it's practically impossible but I at least gotta try.' I said, determined. 'Well, I'll drive you to Nana's place. Seems like a certain someone is still waiting outside for you.' Buster said, pointing towards the door. This made giggles escape our mouths but I just groaned. 'Let's get going now, bye guys!' I waved. 'Bye!' They shouted back. Me and Buster headed towards his car and headed off to Nana's.