2 - We Don't Talk Anymore

Start from the beginning

When I forced my eyes to focus on the rest of the group, I could see them all staring me, pitying me because my ex (whatever he was) was now in the restaurant with another girl. I didn't want to deal with this, I wasn't emotionally ready to see him. I watched as he ordered food for the both of them before grabbing his receipt from the cashier.

I let out a shaky sigh before whispering to the group, "Guys, I'm gonna get out of here before he spots me."

They all nodded, Nikki whispering back, "Want me to drop you off?"

I shook my head as I quietly got out of the booth when Michelle kindly moved out of the way, "I need to clear my head. I'll see you guys later." I knew it was the perfect opportunity to escape because they were both walking towards their own seats on the other end of the restaurant. I ignored my rapid heartbeat as I quickly picked up the pace but as I reached the door, Jaxon turned around to grab straws before stopping abruptly. We were both frozen in our positions as we drank the sight of each other in, almost forgetting that we were in a public place.

The look of worry and panic flashed across Jaxon's face the longer I stared at him. However, I was just getting angrier the longer I stood there, my eyes kept alternating between a stressing Jaxon and an arrogant Brittany who was now smirking at me. I knew I couldn't handle standing there any longer, so I threw open the door before storming out and started to power walk home.

"Avery! Wait! It's not what-"

"Let me guess. It's not what it looks like?! Really Jaxon! Can you get a little more inventive!" I yelled back at a now stunned Jaxon.

"I swear it's not."

"GO TO HELL!"

I went to walk off but he quickly ran easily catching up to me to stand in front of me, hoping to get a few more seconds with me. He placed both hands up in an attempt to get me to stop walking.

"Listen to me!" He begged

"Like you listened to me?! The same way you gave me a chance?" I shouted through gritted teeth, trying to remind myself that I was in a public place. However, I was three seconds from completely breaking down and I didn't want to cry in front of him.

"Please" he whispered in desperation.

"Now you know what I've been feeling." My voice broke as I forced the words out in a whispered plea, a lone tear escaping from my eye. Wiping it away, I looked at Jaxon once more before turning around and walking away, leaving him standing there alone.

I felt like such a fool all this time, here I thought he was miserable and just as sad as I was. Boy was I wrong, what I witnessed a few minutes ago only confirmed just how calm he was about this whole situation. He was so quick to move on.

"So much for getting answers." I mumbled to myself.

My phone started to ring shortly after, making me jump in fright as it echoed through the street. Almost snickering at myself, I shook my head in shame as I answered the phone.

"Hello" I tried not to sound deflated on the phone but failed miserably.

"Hi Avi"

"Hey Aly-Cat. You okay?" I tried not to panic as I waited for my sister to respond. I instantly calmed down, smiling as I heard my little sister chuckle through the phone.

"Yeah Avi, I just wanted to say goodnight."

"Goodnight Aly-Cat. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Promise?"

"Promise. What are we, remember?" I found myself smiling into the phone as I waited on Alena to respond.

Alena giggled through the phone before whispering "We are a packaged deal."

"That's my girl. I love you"

"I love you too Avi."

I found my nerves instantly calming down after that phone call. Alena had a way of relaxing me like no other. I went from crying and making myself feel worse about Jaxon, to being completely calm. I had to refocus my energy and that phone call came at a perfect time.

Once again, Alena saved me from myself without even trying.

* * *

A/N: Another chapter for you guys! Aren't I the best?! Lol. Hope you guys liked it! Don't forget to press that little star if you did xx

Next Chapter: Someone called, they demanded a reunion. I answered. Wanna know who the reunion is with?

Gonna have to wait for the next chapter.