Chapter 8

It's soooo hot here in Australia omg!! I'm literally dying!

Esther

-----

Once Ashton and I finished our lunch we left the cafe. It was currently 2 o'clock and I needed to go back to Uni for my next class. "What time do you finish work tonight?" Ashton asks me once we're standing outside of campus. He decided on walking me here even though he has no more classes today. "Seven" I reply. He nods and says "we can start studying tonight after you finish work if you'd like to". I smile and say "yeah that'd be good the sooner I start the better and plus I'll be having exams soon". He smiles "I'll see you later tonight then". Just as Ashton starts to walk away I grab ahold of his arm. He looks at me with his piercing caramel eyes. "Thank you" I say "for doing this for me". He smiles again and walks away. I smile to myself. He's been smiling a lot lately. I hope he never stops smiling.

After another boring class it's finally three o'clock. Home time. Party time. Pff I wish but I need to work instead. I rush out of campus and make my way back to the apartment to get ready for work. I do not want to be late. Especially on the first day. Once I'm at the apartment I jog upstairs and into my room. I grab a black dress that hugs around my curves since all the waitresses at the cafe seem to wear black dress as well. I quickly jump in the shower and wash myself with my favourite coconut body wash. I put on my dress and throw my grey curls into a messy bun and I put on a pair of black Nikes. I coat my lashes with some mascara and apply some lip gloss. Once I'm happy with my appearance I head downstairs for a quick snack. 

Downstairs I see Ashton is sitting on the bar stool at the kitchen bench on his phone. I walk into the kitchen and he looks up at me. He smiles and continues scrolling through his phone. I sit on the stool opposite to him and grab a banana out of the fruit bowl. I look at my phone which reads 3:30pm. I munch on my banana and chuck the skin in the bin. "Catcha later" I say to Ashton as I walk out the door. "Seeya Esther" I hear him reply as I leave. I start walking to work. Once I'm at the cafe I'm greeted by Sue my boss. "Hi sweetie" she smiles "just go out the back and chuck on your apron, Zoe has just gone to get your name tag and bandana". I smile and head out the back and grab a black apron off the hangers and tie it around my waist. Zoe comes in and smiles handing me my name tag which I clip on my clothing and I red bandana that I put on my head. The girls here wear red bandanas as apart of the uniform. I think it look cool really. It suits well with my messy bun. Zoe smiles and claps her hands "you're one of us now" she squeals. I smile. She grabs my hand and says "let's get to work" and she pulls me out into the cafe.

Luckily it's not overly busy for my first day. Zoe shows me how to use the coffee machine and register and also how to take orders. I begin to get the hang of things after awhile and it's great. Zoe introduces me to one of the other waitresses Amanda. She has long blonde hair that is in a ponytail, sky blue eyes and a curvy figure. She's really beautiful. So is Zoe who has black curly hair pulled into a messy bun, dark green eyes and she's also curvy like Amanda. All the girls are really beautiful here. I'm nothing compared to them. They're all really nice as well. I know I'll have a great time here working with them.

I'm currently cleaning one of the tables. It's almost time for me to finish. I finish cleaning the last couple of tables and head out the back to say goodbye to Sue since the other girls have left. I walk into her office and say "hey Sue I've just finished up, is there anything else you need me to do before I go?". "That's alright sweetie I can cover the rest" she smiles "you're all good to head off". I smile "bye Sue" I say as I leave. I walk back to the apartment. I check the time on my phone which says 7:05pm. It's starting to get dark now so I walk a little faster. I get to the apartment and unlock the door. I walk in to be greeted by no one. I walk upstairs to my room and put the name tag Zoe gave my on my desk. I grab my books not bothering to change and walk to Ashton's room to start our study sesh. Hopefully he's here since no one else was when I got home.

I knock on Ashton's door. After a few moments he opens the door. He's shirtless once again. Does that boy ever wear a shirt? He smiles "come in" and steps aside for me holding the door open. I awkwardly walk into his bedroom and look around. I stand in the middle of Ashton's bedroom. Feeling totally out of place. I look at Ashton to see him putting a shirt over his head. His muscles flexing as he puts it on. Damn. No more eye candy I think to myself. Ashton sits on his bed and pats the spot next to him for me to sit and says "shall we get started?". I nod and sit on the bed beside him opening my text books. 

I'm laying on my stomach next to Ashton with my text book in front of me as he tries to fill my brain with the knowledge I can't seem to absorb in class. "So where are Lucas and Rose?" I ask after we decide on having a break. He shrugs "I think Lucas said something about them going out on a date tonight". "I swear they're never home" I say flicking through a text book. Ashton laughs. He's currently leaning agains the head board of his bed with his arms behind his head. "Oooh can we watch Big Bang?" I excitedly ask. "Where supposed to be studying" Ashton says. "Aw don't be such a nerd" I say throwing a pillow at his face. He laughs and throws it back. "Fine" he says "I guess we have been studying for awhile". I smile and clap my hands "yesss" I say in victory. He laughs putting on Big Bang. I sit up and rest my head against Ashton's shoulder. We watch Big Bang for awhile and then I am succumbed by darkness.

I wake up feeling a muscular arm around my waist. My eyes widen. No. I did't did I? I turn around to see a sleeping Ashton. He's bare chested with a pair of black boxers on. No no no no. I couldn't have slept with Ashton. I panic but then I look down to see that I still have my clothes on from yesterday. I sigh in relief. That could have gone terribly wrong. I look at Ashton who's still sound asleep. His arm is still held tightly around my waist. His lips are slightly parted. He looks so peaceful. I try to menuver my way out of his grasp without waking him. He stirs a little and says "mmm" pulling me closer to his chest. His eyes flatter open. I stare at him wide eyed. His eyes go wide and he pushes my away from his chest "what the hell" he says and looks down to what his wearing and then looks at what I've got on. "It's okay we didn't you know" I say to him sheepishly. He nods and runs his hands through his hair. "Sorry about that" he breathes out. I shrug "it's okay you make a good pillow" I joke. He smiles and throws a pillow at me.