She looked like she was going to pass out again, but with a stabbing in my chest I recognized the expression on her face as she stared at the sky. Her eyes were bright and she was on the verge of tears. She didn’t just look frightened; she looked lonely. She began to cry and I recognized that. That moment when you’re experiencing pain and there isn’t anyone there to lessen it. So I did something I never thought I would ever do. I stepped towards her and then I looked down at her kindly.

“Cordelia.”

She sniffled. “Jade,” she whispered. “I’m scared.”

I frowned momentarily, but then went back to smiling. “I’m sure you’ll be fine.”

“Miss, you should return to school-” I was being told. I had only turned my body to them in acknowledgement when her hand reached out and she gasped.

“No!” I flinched and looked back at her. She bit her lip as more tears fell from her eyes. “Don’t- don’t leave me. Please, Jade! Please, don’t leave me.”

I admit I was slightly confused. I wondered what happened that had her so shaken up, but I tightened my grip on her hand. “I won’t. I won’t leave you.”

Harry

“She told me to back off of you, Harry. And then she- she hit my head to the locker.”

“What did she look like?”

“Red hair and blue eyes. That’s all I can say and I don’t know why she hit me,” she began to sob as my expression toughened in resentment. I knew exactly who she was talking about.

Rachel.

I nodded and then put my hand over hers and looked into her dark brown eyes. “I’m sorry.” It was my fault she was targeted. Rachel was edging onto psychotic now. I kissed her forehead kindly. I had known her for only a few days, but I really like her. She was a nice girl who knew how to laugh and have fun.

I stepped back after a sigh, a memory running into me harshly. 

She giggled as I tickled her sides under the covers. She was trying not to laugh too loudly, because we didn’t want to be discovered.

“Harry, stop it!”

“No,” I defied in a whisper.

She was still laughing as I began to kiss her on the face. Her nose crinkled in a way that I adored and I gave it my own kiss too. She shoved me playfully and I smiled down at her figure. She looked up at me with a beautiful smile and I smiled back down at her, lowering myself so I could kiss her neck.

“Harry,” she chastised.

I didn’t stop kissing her though. “Hmm?”

“We have to get dressed soon,” she whispered.

I sighed and then just let myself fall on her, trapping her beneath me. I rest my head on the pillow of her breast and she groaned. I chuckled throatily. “Got ya,” I sang.

“Harry, I’m not kidding!” she snickered.

“Are you worried about Ruth returning?” I asked.

“Well, that and curfew is coming up,” she listed.

I nodded, kissing down her body continuously. “Keep going.”

“Well, then we have to study for the winter finals.” I kissed her navel and she shivered.

“And?”