Merry Christmas!!!

I was trying my best to locate my Christmas spirit, but it was no where to be found. I was pretty bummed that Anna didn't answer, but scared that she may never call me back. The thought of that kept me up at night, watched the darkness, and the sunrise, and when the sunrise comes, everyone is waking up.

Helen: Merry Christmas Laura!!!

Helens cheer startles me, I quickly stood up and look at her.

Helen: well?

Laura: well what?

Helen: come downstairs and open some presents!

Presents? I've only been here for a few days and I've got presents? I found it odd but hey, any presents are cool. I walked downstairs and Ringo was holding a present, smiling at me.

Ringo: Merry Christmas, Laura

Laura: Merry Christmas to you

Ringo: I've got something fer ye

He hands me the gift, and I start to open it. As I remove the paper, I saw a photo album, I had a clear idea what it was.

Ringo: do you like it?

I flipped through them and saw the many photos of my mom, I hugged him with a tear falling down my cheek.

Laura: I love it

I wiped off the tear and I looked through the book again while everyone was opening up their gifts. Wrapping paper and smiles everywhere, the phone rings.

Barbara: Laura can you get that?

I placed the book down and went towards the phone.

Laura: hello?

"Is this Daisy?"

Laura:..yes this is her speaking, who are you?

"Daisy, it's me, Anna"

Laura: A-Anna?

Anna: yes! It's me dear, how are you?

Laura: I'm fine, god I can't believe this

I started to cry, I'm actually talking to my sister. All the fear I had yesterday suddenly lifted off.

Anna: me too! I thought I'd never talk to you again

I heard her cry a little, this was turning out to be a great Christmas.

Anna: listen sis, I want to meet you, I'm here in California you can come anytime, please!

Laura: I'd love to take that opportunity someday, Merry Christmas sis

Anna: Merry Christmas to you, love you

I say I love you too and we hang up.

Helen: was that Anna?

Laura: (nods) I want to meet her mom, she says I can someday

Helen: I think we can do that

Barbara: and that's another part of your gift, were going to California!

Laura: that's awesome! But how did you know she would invite me?

Barbara: she called back last night when you were asleep...

I couldn't wait! I was finally going to meet my sister. We may have not communicated over the years but we have this connection, I just know it...