Chapter 5 || When Conflict Comes Knockin'

Start from the beginning

I looked back and the Socs were hot on our tail. We reached Buck's house and I felt no need to knock so we just burst in through the door. We looked across the room and saw Dally with his arm around his side girl Kate. His last girl Sylvie was two timin' him while he was in the slammer so he slowly created a relationship with the young broad of whom we call our friend.

Dally looked up and waved me over. I saw Buck on the way over, exchanging hellos as we passed by. I grabbed Elizabeth's hand.

"Hey there you two!" Dally yelled over the loud Hank Williams. Bleck!

"Hey Dal!" I replied. "Listen, there are a few Socs makin' their way here so I need your help to fend them off!"

Dally and Katelyn looked at him in bewilderment.

"Don't worry Soda. We gonna beat them to a pulp!"

Katelyn looked at him with fear. Katelyn is his overly attached girl. She can't go 5 minutes without him!

"Uh oh Sodapop." Katelyn said.

"Did you know Sandy would be here?" I looked over and saw Sandy talking to a tall buff dude. Alongside her was Evie. She wasn't the prettiest girl around, but she was a good one. Steve was lucky to snatch her up from the competition.

"I found a much better girl. Things just weren't savvy with Sandy." I said with a serious tone.

"Oh who?"

Elizabeth raised her hand. "Me."

Katelyn looked her up and down. She smiled. "I'm Katelyn, Dally's girl." She shook Elizabeth's hand.

Dally whispered something to Katelyn. She shot us an apologetic look and turned around. We said goodbye and they disappeared up the stairs.

"Where are they going?" Elizabeth asked. I laughed.

"If only you knew what went on at Buck Merrill's parties."

I sat Elizabeth down on a bar stool and we talked for a while.

"I'm gonna go break the news to Sandy. Be back in a bit." I said.

"Okay, see you soon."

Elizabeth got up and walked over to a group of girls. I walked over to Sandy who was necking with one of Tim's gang. She saw me and immediately stopped.

"Soda, uh..."

"Sandy, i need to talk to you."

I took her arm and led her to a quiet room. We sat on a couch and I looked at her.

"Listen Sandy, i don't know how to say this but i... I wanna break up."

Sandy's mouth hung open. "Bu-but Soda... Don't ya love me?"

I shook my head no. I saw tears well up in her eyes.

"But I love you Soda."

I looked at my palms and looked back up. "I'm sorry Sandy, but i met another girl. I care for her, and if you loved me, you wouldn't be necking with another guy."

Sandy started to drop tears. "Soda, you don't know what you're doing!"

I looked away. "Goodbye Sandy."

I started to get up. Sandy put a hand on my arm and pulled me down.

She crashed her lips onto mine. She pinned me down and wouldn't let the kiss break. I didn't want this! She is crazy! I tried to move away, but she was on top of me and her knees were on my arms.

"I love you." She whispered.

"You are in big troub..."

"SODA!" I heard from the doorway. Sandy got off of me and I turned around. It was Elizabeth.

"How... how could you? I trusted you! You're a pig!"

"Elizabeth! Wait!" Sandy tried to stop me but I pushed her off me.

"Get the hell away from me!" I yelled, turning back and sprinting after Elizabeth.

I ran through the living room, but Elizabeth ran out the door. I followed her out. She was running down the street.

"Elizabeth!" I called out to her. I ran as fast as I could. I started to catch up. It was pitch black and the street lights were slowly going out one by one. She stopped over by a post and leaned against it with her back to me. I ran up and grabbed her arm. "Elizabeth!"

She turned around. "Get the hell off me!" she slapped me in the cheek. It stung, but my heart stung worse.

"Elizabeth, please. You don't know what happened!" I yelled.

"You were kissing Sandy!" I held Elizabeth up to the post.

"Sandy kissed me, I had nothing to do with it. I tried to get her off, I swear! I would never want to hurt you."

"I don't think I can trust you, Soda. I should've known this would be a bad idea from the start. I don't... I don't know if I can..."

"Don't say it. Just listen." I felt tears rush down my face, in sync with Elizabeth's. "Elizabeth that was a complete accident! I tried to push her away, I really did! Sandy is just too dumb to understand! I only care for you, I swear. It may only of been two days since we met, but I care about you. I feel like I've known you forever."

In that moment, I felt reality for the first time is forever. She looked at me, the tears were starting to calm down. I was a little hysterical, but I honestly didn't care.

Elizabeth pulled me into her body, hugging me so tight that I could barely breathe. I felt a warm feeling in my heart. I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist. We stood there together for what felt like infinity. She looked deep into my eyes.

"I care about you too, Sodapop."

I kissed her softly. Every time we kissed, I felt a spark go through my body, like a magnetic force of energy. They say that happens when you find your match.

"Soda..." Elizabeth began. "Lets go home.'"

With that, me and her made our way down the street hand in hand. We talked the whole time. We stopped for a coke, and as we continued on our way, i came to realize that she was all I needed. She meant the world to me and she makes me happy.