13

NEVER AGAIN 2

           Life passed before their eyes.

           They both went their separate ways.

            Fiona became a struggling, busy, business woman who no longer had the time of her own.

            Junkai continued his singing career, singing in front of millions, just as he had dreamed he would those many years ago.

             And so, life had taken a sharp turn, securing their fate-- their almost prophesied fate of "never again."

             But fate has always been very unpredictable.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

10 years later

Junkai's POV

              I hate my life, Junkai thought as he squinted at the cracked blue phone in his hand.

              "What happened?"Wang Yuan's muffled voice traveled from Junkai's right.

              His head pulled over to land on Junkai's cracked phone.

              "Crap," Junkai muttered.

              "Oh no," Wang Yuan said flatly.

              Wang Yuan pulled out his phone and took a selfie of them both (Junkai still staring at his phone, in shock, and him smiling). Wang Yuan posted it on his Weibo with the caption: Junkai's phone broke. Fate has punished him for stepping on my lego tower last week. HaHaHa. Oh, the sweet smell of justice. [smiley face]

              "Wang Yuan, what are you up to?"

              Wang Yuan collapsed into giggles.

              Junkai strode over, plucked Wang Yuan's phone up from his trembling arms, and locked eyes at Wang Yuan's most recent Weibo post.

11:00 AM

Junkai's phone cracked up. Fate has punished him for stepping on my lego tower last week. HaHaHa. Oh, the sweet smell of justice. 😄

              One of Junkai's eyes twitched. His lips tugged at his mouth, threatening to come up.

              He coolly tossed the phone back to Wang Yuan's still giggling face.

              "Wang Yuan, how old are you?"

              "26," Wang Yuan laughed.

              "No way!"Junkai breathed dramatically with an overly-surprised expression plastered on his face. "I thought you were five!"

              Poor Wang Yuan completely died.

              Junkai's eyes flitted around until he spotted his phone (again, cracked) lying at the corner of the desk. Sighing, he picked it up, grabbed his white trenchcoat, and lightly ran down the staircase.

              He put his trenchcoat down on a nearby wooden chair, and carefully carried two eggs from the fridge. He broke their shells and made breakfast for his food lover friend that was, and is, still too lazy to learn how to cook.