Chapter 11

Steve looked at Thor who nodded and shrugged. "Tomorrow, come in, and lets see what you can do." He said and steve smiled. He was excited about working here. Something about the place just, intrigued him, and he does really like cooking.
"Ok." Steve smiled.
Tony did the air punching in in victory and steve almost did too.
The next day, more people were already coming in. And Thor loved steve, as in his food and his people skills and just him. He was perfect for the job so he gave it to him. He continued working that day, they weren't overwhelmed with people, but there was certainly more than usual.
Steve still didn't let tony go back to his place after that night, or the next. So they shared a bed, ending up in each others arms one way or another.
Steve didn't have nightmares those nights, but like he said, they come and go.
They planned lunch with tonys mom that day, she had just called to confirm it and said his dad was coming too. He felt his heart jump to his throat out of maybe fear but also maybe relief that his dad may have come around the fact he wasn't straight. 'Either way, mom definitely said something to get him over here.'
When he told steve his dad was coming, he didn't seem to thrilled, seeing that the first impression he got of him was an abusive alcoholic man who is also a major homophobe.
They were going to go to the diner, but now that Howard was coming too, he was probably expecting a big fancy place, besides, a big restaurant might calm Howard's nerves a bit.
But they'd been sitting there for almost an hour. Steve seemed quite antsy for meeting tonys parents, much more for meeting Howard.
"Where are they?" Tony said while looking at his watch. "They're an hour late."
"Maybe your dad-"
"Mom would've called if he backed out. And I'm sorry. I know it looks like he's an abusive alcoholic-"
"Yeah." No brainer. He looked up to the cut on tonys face that was finally healing.
"He's never done this before. This is a first. He's said worse."
"Tony-"
"Just, try. When they show up." Tony pleaded.
Steve hesitated to nod and take a sip of his water when the waitress walked up for the millionth time, only this time was for a different reason. "I'm so sorry. But if you don't order, im afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave." She said.
Tony sighed, "just give them a few more minutes?"
The waitress turned to look at someone, probably the manager who looked quite angry actually. He shook his head. "I'm sorry, but we have a lot of reservations and customers waiting." She shook her head.
Steve sighed and rubbed his thighs as he looked over to tony who looked really saddened and disappointed. "We'll order now." He decided. They were there already, might as well eat, find out whether the five stars this place was rated was really worth it. Tony nodded and wiped his forehead with the back of his hand.
She handed them the menus with her lips tight and her eyebrows raised. Steve nodded and thanked her.
They had their lunch, or maybe dinner. It was 5:34pm, it was supposed to be about 1:00 of his parents would've shown up.
Tony was heading back to steve place along with him, but stopped right outside his door when he got a call from his mom, at least, that's what the contact name said.
"Where were you? We missed you two at lunch."
"Is this tony stark?" That was not his mom, that wasn't even a woman. His face tensed and he stopped what he was doing.
Steve had opened the door, but turned around when he heard tony speak again. "It is. Who is this?" He asked suspiciously.
He heard a sigh on the other side of the line, then the man continued. "This is doctor McLingly, your parents were in a car accident this afternoon. I think you should get here as soon as possible." Tony was stuck in his spot for a few seconds. "Mr. stark?"
"Yeah, I-I'm coming." She shoved his phone in his pocket and quickly jogged down the hallway.
"Tony?! Where are you going?" Steve yelled after him, but when tony didn't answer, and Bucky stepped out.
"What's going-?"
"Lock up for me." He tossed him the keys and sprinted after him.
Steve ran out of the building and looked both ways to see tony running down the sidewalk to his right. But steve got in his car. Thank god he had a separate keychain for his car keys.
He drove up to the curb and ordered tony to get in and explain. He wasn't mad, more worried, but steve didn't like being worried, not ever and not for anyone. It hurt him. So of course he was going to hurt for tony.
"Where are we going?" Steve asked before pulling back onto the road.
"The hospital, please, hurry." He pushed.
Steve took off, he was even surprised he wasn't pulled over by any cops.
"Why? What happened?" He asked worriedly. Tony hesitated. "Tony?"
"Th-they were in a car accident." He looked up from the floor of the car and to steve, who's eyebrows were raised and head tilted to the side. "The doctor called me fork moms phone. He didn't say anything else other than 'you should get here as soon as possible'." They both knew what that meant. They were either dead, or close to it, but stayed quiet and hoped for the best until they got there.
Steve followed tony through the hallways and sped by nurses and other patients until they got to the main desk.
"Yes, a doctor called about my parents. They-they were in a car accident this afternoon."
"What's your name sir?"
"Tony, stark."
She went through the computer and dialled something into a machine. Beeping once, she faced them again. "Dr. McLingly will be here shortly, and he was.
Looking disappointed and exhausted, he motioned for him to sit down.
"They both sustained major internal and external injuries. Lost a lot of blood, and your father is in the ICU right now. His-" He looked like he wanted to continue, but was cut off.
"And mom? What about my mom?" Tony said, tears almost forming is his eyes as steve held his hand and rested the other on his back.