Chapter 10

Tony woke up first in steves arms. He smiled and closed his eyes, wanting this to last forever. But steve shook awake suddenly and sat up in his bed. That wasn't how tony expected him to wake up.
He was panting and had a hand squeezing the shirt in front of his chest. Tony sat up and out a hand on his back. "What's wrong?"
Steve looked over and slowed his breathing a bit. "Nothing, nothing. I-I'm fine." He looked down at his hands, the back of them and then his palms, they were clean to his surprise.
He put his hands back down on his lap and looked at tony. He seemed worried and now wide awake. He leaned over and slowly pulled the bandage away to look at his cut. He hissed as he did so. "Let's Get that cleaned again, come on."
They got up and tony followed steve slowly back to the kitchen. He watched him, every now and then he'd look down at his hands and examine them. Tony wondered why.
Tony sat down at the kitchen table and watched steve disappear down the hallway and coming back with the same first aid kit he had used last night.
Tony watched him intensely, before he opened the kit, he scanned his hands and forearms for a few seconds before balling his hands up into fists and shaking them out.
"Are you sure you're ok?"
"I'm fine." Steve mumbled as he pulled a few things out of the kit and set them down on the table.
"Then why do you keep looking at your hands?"
Steve stopped what he was doing for a second and seemed to have shivered. He continued pulling the bandage off of tonys face and cleaning the cut. "Steve."
"It's nothing, they just felt asleep." He lied. And tony somehow believed him somewhat. Although he didn't see why he wouldn't have just told him that in the first place.
Once he finished with tonys cut, he put the kit away in its original place and made some blueberry pancakes for the both of them.
They were absolutely delicious. Tony found them so delicious he wanted to keep eating, but his stomach was over full. "Wow, those were good. How'd you learn to cook like that?"
"When you don't have a job and has nothing else to do, you get good at it."
"Well you're really good at it." Steve smiled slightly and continued to eat. "Let's find you a job." Tony said. He hadn't expected to say it, but it kind of just came out.
"What?"
"You need a job, steve. And it's about time you found one." He continued.
Steve shrugged and took another bite of his pancakes. "I don't know..." Tony saw he wasn't smiling and didn't seem to interested in getting one. "I've tried working in different places, but they just weren't for me and I always ended up getting fired because I wasn't too engaged in the job. Which I wasn't." He rolled his eyes.
Tony locked his lips together and squinted. "What do ya like to do?" Steve shrugged again. "No ideas?" "I don't know, tony." He raised his voice just enough to make tony stop for now.
"Wanna walk around town and just look?" Steve stared at him. "It's not like we have anything better to do, and it'll be fun."
Steve nodded his head and agreement and started to put away the dishes. Tony was actually really excited. For steve maybe, it might just be job hunting if searching or whatever, but tony saw it as both that and more time with steve.
Steve gave him the smallest shirt he had to tony and just since he had slept in his only one from last night and his pants didn't seem dirty at all. But his shirt was still huge. And I mean, huge. They both laughed a bit as they walked around to the first clothing store they got to where tony bought a shirt his own size.
"So," tony started, hands shoved in his pockets and staring at the pavement he was walking on next to steve. "What do you like?"
"Tony. I. Don't. Know." He said like he's repeated it a million times, which he has.
He sighed. "Ok, you gotta give me something. Hobbies? Interests? Talents?"
Steve sighed again. "All I've ever been good at was serving-" he cut himself short, "do we have to do this?" He tilted his head and dressed his eyebrows.
"What about with my company? I can probably get you a spot somewhere."
"I don't do good around technology. I always end up breaking it or something."
Tony nodded, understanding. Not everyone was grown up in a technological house with AI's and all the advanced tech you could possibly think of.
Then he realized he was in front of the diner he loved so much. He was still full, but also really wanted a sundae or smoothie or something from there. "Come on." Tony said to steve.
"Where are we?"
"Thors diner." He answered as he walked into the empty place with a bit of music playing in the back round and a shout from the kitchen. "Loki's diner!" Well that was most definitely Loki.
Thor walked out, drying his hand on a small towel then flinging it over his shoulder. "Hey tony."
"Hi."
Tony and Thor spoke a bit, steve don't notice because he was busy scanning the place. Old records hanging on the walls in frames with a few posters of some old rock bands. It was the old fashionny look too. Red countertops and tables, black and white tiled floor, there was even the old music box.
He sat down and tony ordered for him. "You know what to get." He told Thor.
"2?"
"Yeah, why not?" Thor disappeared into the kitchen.
"2 what?"
"You'll see." Tony said, smiling.
Steve raised his eyebrows and leaned back.
Thor came back with two fairly big ice cream sundaes with a cherry on top.
"Ice cream? At-" he looked at the clock. "11:30?"
"Yup. Now eat. They make their own ice cream and everything."
"Really?"
"Yup." They both took a big spoonful and ate it. And man, it was good. Nothing like steves ever tasted before, even if it's 'just' and ice cream sundae. "Hmmm, It is delicious. What else do they make here?"
"Everything. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, desert, and more." Tony eyes widened. "Thor!"
He shouted randomly. Steve thought there might be something wrong with the ice cream, maybe that's why he yelled.
But he came back around to the kitchen and asked what was up.
"Looking for anymore employees, mainly chefs?"
"Sure, if I got more customers." He said, sort of disappointed.
Tony slapped steves arm, who knew what he was doing and wasn't entirely against the idea. "Steve, you're an amazing cook. And i run a company, I'm sure I can get a word out about this place." Tony probably could've offered to do so earlier, right when he found out about the place, but he wouldn't get the free smoothies and less time with Thor. But now, he had a boyfriend who needed a job.
"You sure? I don't know, I only know from what I learned-"
"And you're amazing! Come on, give it a try." Tonys was really pushing for this job thing, but steve had been searching for a good one for quite a while now.