"Ok. Thanks, anyway..." She said, with a small smile.

I nodded and got in my car. As we left the parkin' lot, I saw she put on her coat and started walkin'. Wasn't she goin' to her car?

"That's some nice piece of ass, right there," Nacio said, as we both saw her pass by us, in the stop sign outside school.

"Shut it." I groaned "She's walkin' home?"

"So what?"

"It's far away and it's gettin' dark soon, that's what," I groaned, rollin' my eyes.

I followed her as she passed on the sidewalk. The red and orange trees were lettin' their leaves fall, and while Whitney passed under them, she looked like she was a fairy or somethin'.

I honked, she jumped, frowned and walked to stand by the road. I opened Nacio's window so I could talk to her.

"Where are you goin'?"

"Ahm... My dad's bakery." She said, frownin' even more "Why?"

"By foot?!"

"So?"

"That's like two miles!" I almost yelled.

"And?" She smiled, amused.

"I'll drive you."

"What?!" Both she and Nacio shouted.

"I said I'll drive you." I repeated, makin' a sour look to my friend "Hop in."

She looked puzzled but complied. When she closed the door, I drove off.

"So why are goin' by foot?" I asked, lookin' at her through the review mirror.

"My car is been doing some weird noise, so my Dad's looking into it, in an auto-shop."

"What auto-shop?" I asked, frownin'.

"Don't know, one in the center," She said, shruggin'.

"Is the owner a fat dude with a mustache?"

"Yeah..." She said, frownin' again.

"That guy will rip you off," Nacio said, with a laugh.

"Exactly. That guy's a fraud. He's gonna do nothin' about your car, and will charge you a fortune" I said, shakin' my head; white people...

"Well, what do you recommend?" She asked, and I knew she was teasin' me.

"You're askin' for my advice?"

"Didn't I just do that?" She teased.

"Get your car. I'll look into it."

"What?!" Again, they both shouted.

"Cojones! I wanna have a perfect hearing when I'm an old man!" I groaned, and then looked at her "Just get your car. I'll look into it this Saturday if you're around."

"Oh... Thanks..." She muttered, lookin' impressed.

When we arrived at the center of the town, the street lights were already on. The center square had a huge ground fountain, and its jets were dancin' around, playin' with the lights. The red brick buildings and light stores were so lively, it looked like a whole different world from our Eastside. That part of the town consisted of poor houses, gang fightin', and drug dealin'. Not a good place, but it was what it was.

The Gordons' Bakery was right in the center. It was a lively, small bakery, with fame all around the county. I never ate there, though I heard it's really good. People made a queue outside! Like it was some kind of museum or somethin'...!

"Thanks for the ride." Whitney said from the back seat, as I stopped the car outside the Central Square; cars weren't allowed there, only bikes or feet "You didn't really have to, you know?"

"So you could get mugged on the way?" I groaned, and she made a face "You're welcome."

"What time, Saturday?"

"Is nine good for you?" I asked, lookin' at her from over my shoulder.

"Yeah, it's good. Do you think it will take longer to take care of whatever's wrong with my baby?" She asked, lookin' hopeful "I... have something going on later that day, so..."

"I gotta see what's wrong, first." I grumbled, rolling my eyes "We'll see."

"Ok... So... thanks again. See ya. Bye, Nacio."

"Yeah... bye..."

When Whitney got into the bakery, greetin' some usual customers, I kept starin' at her through the mirrors. Damn... wasn't she gonna take that damn cheer uniform off?! Just thinkin' on her walkin' here all alone, at night, with that on... it was a recipe for disaster!

"Dude... Whitney Gordon just rode with us! DAMN!" Nacio laughed, all happy "Oh MAN! Just wait until I tell the guys! They're gonna go nuts! Hey! What was that story of her thankin' you? And you're gonna fix her car?! Are you into her or somethin'?"

"Nacio."

"Yeah?"

"Can you shut your pie hole?" I almost whispered, with a huge headache.

"Ok..." Nacio mumbled, lookin' embarrassed "Sorry, man..."

"Just.... keep quiet."

I needed calm and quiet. 'Cause I was goin' crazy...