Unzipping my bag, I started to unpack. I was tired as hell, fatigued with the burden of jet leg; I could have easily pulled off being a walking zombie, dead on the inside but subconsciously awake. I was fine with having Abby here if she made sure to keep her distance, but I was seriously about to pass out and I really didn't want her in my room when I did.

"Did you have anything else to say, because I would appreciate it if you left," I said.

"You never told me where you went for break," she said, skirting over my annoyance.

I slammed a shirt into a dresser door and glared at her. "California," I gritted out. Anything to make her get out of my room and leave me alone.

"What?" she asked, surprised. She sat up straight in my bed and gaped at me. "You were with Lynn, weren't you?"

"It really doesn't concern you."

"I told you to stay away from her, Niall," she said as she got off the bed and stood behind me. "At first it might have been because I was a little jealous that you were paying more attention to her, but now I'm really concerned. You know about all the rumors floating around you two, and whether they're true or not, you know your coach is suspicious."

I turned to look at her. "I understand, but I know what I'm doing, Abby."

"What if word gets out that you left the country with her?"

"I'll handle it."

Her eyes trailed up and down my body slowly as she took a step toward me. "I just don't want you to lose your chance at becoming a professional football player, is all," she droned. Her hands leisurely went up my chest, playing with the buttons on my shirt, until they were placed on my shoulders with a squeeze of her fingers. "Lynn will be your downfall."

I smiled, humoring myself. "Why do you think that?"

Abby smirked back. She stepped in closer so she could wrap her arms around my neck, pulling me in so I was only inches from her face. "Because she's a match, and you're playing with fire."

Reaching behind me, I grabbed Abby's hands from around me and held them to my chest. "I think you need to leave. What if James finds out you're here?"

"Fuck James."

"You can't stay here. Go back to your hall."

"Are you really going to send me out in the dark to walk home?" she pouted. "There are scary people out there, something might happen to me."

I let go of her and walked the room. "Christ, Abby. You did this on purpose."

"Did what on purpose?" she asked innocently.

"Grab your jacket, I'm bringing you home." I grabbed my car keys and started for the door.

Abby stepped in front of me, blocking the door. "You're about to pass out from exhaust, I'm not getting in a car with you."

"You live two miles away; I think I'll be okay."

She just looked at me with wide eyes. I had no idea what her deal was, but she was being persistent, even more so than usual. She had always had determination, something I admired most about her, but this time it was different. This time it was against me and it was seriously starting to piss me off.

"Get your fucking jacket, Abby."

She repelled from my sneer, but she obeyed nevertheless and grabbed her leather jacket. We left and got into my car and drove off to her hall. I was tired, but that didn't make me incapable of driving, especially if it meant getting Abby out of my room.