christmas

A/N: this was supposed to be bigger & better but holiday time is a mess around here. Hope you enjoy this and that you had a wonderful Christmas if you celebrate it. If you don't, hope you had a wonderful holiday!

My eyes open with a groan and a sigh.

I feel the faint exhaustion weighing my bones down and I groan, feeling the appeal of staying put and comfortable. I sigh and I bury my nose into the neck of the man beneath me and I feel his arms tighten me for just a second in response. I curl my hand around his side and I feel his soft kisses on the side of my head that both invites me to consciousness and pushes me into a sleepy haze.

I suck in a deep breath knowing I shouldn’t stall no longer and I lift my head from the crook of his neck and press my lips under his chin and on his jaw.

“Good morning,” I murmur to his skin and he shifts, presses a kiss to my forehead.

“Good morning, baby.” He replies, warm and sleepy as he feels against me and my lips curl up.

Mornings become longer when I wake up to them next to Scott. He is warm and beautiful and his arms are so comfortable they put all my fluffy blankets to shame. It takes long for me to untangle from him and I wake up earlier than I did before to avoid arriving late to the shop. I also enjoy tracing his skin with my fingertips and talking quietly and getting goosebumps from his raspy voice.

Today is no different but fortunately, I have no obligations with the shop. It’s later than usual and I don’t chastise myself for being lazy. We don’t talk but we hold each other and breathe steady and I can hear his heartbeat from where my head is resting on his chest. I can drift right back to sleep but I giggle instead and it makes him stir.

“We should get up,” I say quietly and I reach for his hand, rubbing my cheek on his palm before kissing his fingers. “Have breakfast and stuff.”

“You’re out of cereal though,” He replies and I roll my eyes.

“And whose fault is that?”

“Yours,” He says, kissing my forehead in apology as my mouth falls open indignantly. “You haven’t done groceries in a while.”

That earns him a scoff and I shove him, trying to wiggle out of his arms. I am aware he’s kidding but I want to be a bit of a brat as well, so I struggle against him with the most offended expression I can wear on my face.

“Mitchy!” He groans, his fingers slipping through my waist as I squirm and push him away and he looks sleepy and apologetic and just a little grumpy. I have to control myself so I don’t start smiling. “No, Mitchy, I’m so sorry. So sorry. It’s all my fault, I’m a cereal monster,” He pauses and I know what’s coming. “I’m a cereal killer.”

“Oh my God,” I cover my face and there’s no way I can keep myself from laughing and Scott does too, pulling me back against his chest. I don’t put up a fight.

“That was a good one,” He says and I’m momentarily distracted by his lazy smile. He looks happy and relaxed and I press my lips soundly against his.

“If you say so,” I whisper. He giggles at my sassiness. I smile at his cuteness. “But what will we eat now that you destroyed my cereal and I suck at grocery shopping?”

He smiles and hums, running his palm mindlessly over my arm. He presses a kiss over my jaw under my ear before replying. “Want to go out? I’ll pay since I’m the reason you’re out of cereal.”

“Like a date?” I ask, playfully.

“Yeah,” Scott replies without hesitating. He smiles and kisses my lips. “Like a date.”