Fourteen

Everyone piled out of the dining hall, all giving the boy dirty looks on the way out.

Everyone loved Leta but none of them knew the truth. Not even the boy at one point, he now learned his lesson.

The girl rushed over to the boy who sat slouched over on the cold ground.

"Are you okay?"

The boy looked up at her, a frown on his face and his hands on his case in fear.

"I can't believe I said that"

"I know"

She sat next to the boy and let out a sigh,

"Thank you" she nudged him

He looked at her- confusion written all over his face.

"You stuck up for me"

The boy smiled and nodded, he knew he did the right thing... while doing the wrong thing. Was that even possible?

"I'd do anything for you"

The girl smiled at him, she missed sitting next to him, she missed being with him. It's amazing how she hadn't known this boy for long but she needed him, he was apart of her.

"I missed you" the boy whispered staring at his feet

She nodded not breaking her gaze, she still thought his little habit was adorable. He never could make eye contact with somebody when he was nervous.

"I missed Pickett" she joked

A little green creature emerged from the boys coat pocket, the girls smile became bigger as she laid eyes on the bowtruckle she adored.

"He's missed you too" the boy chuckled carefully handing the creature over

"Hey there fella" she giggled as the bowtruckle gave her index finger a hug

She placed the creature on her shoulder before fixing her attention back on the boy.

"I apologize" the boy frowned

"For everything I said to you before, I never should of left you and I'm so sorry. I've made stupid decisions in the past and that was the really up there-"

"I forgive you"

The boy gave her a confused look once again, how could she forgive him so easily?

"I thought about you everyday" she chuckled

"You were my only friend and I couldn't keep you around, I still don't know why you stayed in the first place"

The boy looked at the girl, in the eyes this time.

" I stayed because from the very first moment I laid eyes on you, I knew there was something about you" he smiled

"It took me months before I could speak to you but in those months I learned so many things about you! I didn't need to speck to you to find out"

"What did you know?" The girl was curious to hear the boys answer as she thought she was pretty hard to read.

"I knew that you have a total of six different pairs of glasses, you drank peppermint tea when your nervous, you always had the same blue bow in you hair no matter the style you were wearing" he smiled

"Well, Mr. Scamander those are some very valid points"

"I'm so sorry for everything, Mercy"

The girl slowly placed her hand on the boys, as nervous as she was to do such a thing she was quite relived. She had wanted to do this for a long time now,  she already lost him once and she wasn't ready to lose him again.