Five

He sat at the back of the class, alone as per usual. The girl with the blue bow hasn't arrived to class yet, confusion sparks in him, she's usually one of the first people here.

The professor begins teaching as he slouches over onto the table pretending to write notes, without the girl with the blue bow he doesn't know what to focus on, that sounds absurd but it's true in his case. He gets straight A's in this class and never needs to study so he never really needs to focus on the professor.

The door to the class slowly opens and the girl with the blue bow appears, the professor looks at her with disappointment but she avoids his gaze and looks at her feet. She slowly walks up to the front of the room and whispers something to the professor before facing the class and looking around. Her gaze slowly lands on the boy with the case before she takes a seat at the table in front of him, his heart races and the palm of his hands begin to get clammy.

She has her hair down today and for the first time ever she's not wearing her glasses. She's wearing a black dress with matching black leggings, she looks good in black. She still smells of lemongrass as it's more strong now that she's sat in front of him, "this is the perfect time" he thinks - why not find out her name now? She's sat right in front of him, what a perfect time!

He hears a clink and looks at the ground as a pin rolls under his chair, the girl with the blue bow slowly turns around as her cheeks flush a nice shade of pink "I do apologize but would you mind grabbing my pin?" She mumbles avoiding eye contact with the boy

He slowly nods processing things, the girl with the blue bow is speaking to him- she's actually saying words to him.

He bends down and picks up the pin, he focuses on the little sharp object as he realizes it's the hufflepuff sign.

He gently places it in her head, not wanting her to get pricked by the sharp edge.

"Thank you"

He nods

"I-I'm Newt" he chokes

The girls eyes travel around his face before landing on his eyes.

"I'm- I'm Mercy"

Mercy.

That's a name he hasn't heard before, it was unique.

Just like her.