Prologue

2018 a.d.

"Mr WilliamSon, this Software is revolutionary.With this,hacking  will be a thing of the past."

"Thank you,Mr President. With your permission I will install Enhanced Security Software Anti-hacker Intelligence. ESSENTIAL will be installed in every computer."

"So it is then.I give you permission to install ESSENTIAL in the US. Mr WilliamSon, you will bring peace to the cyber world."
"Thank you, President Palmer.I promise ESSENTIAL will change the world."

Three years later....

"This is Teresa Patterson reporting the news.ESSENTIAL proved to be an effective security system.Crime for the last three years has been reduced by 99% since the installation of ESSENTIAL and so Countries have been asking Vice Industries to install ESSENTIAL."

My dad sat with me watching the news."dad, I'm happy that so many people use your invention.""Yes, son. I'm happy too.However you will promise not to tell anybody this. ESSENTIAL is not only a security system.It's more than that.""What is it?" I asked my father."I'll tell you when you grow up."

One night, my father opened his laptop and pulled out an application.An app that detects data flow between computers connected with ESSENTIAL.

He sent me to bed earlier,but I woke up for a midnight snack and stumbled upon my father doing some 'work'.I had a great memory and I was able to remember clearly what he did that night.Now I knew what the app does.

Dad had the app pull out a map of New York City.He put out the command driven interface and started inputting lines of code.Then, a symbol with what I now know means a computer connected with ESSENTIAL is available for access appeared on the map in large numbers.I named the symbols SPY.
Dad clicked on the symbols and a surveillance camera footage showed up on the screen.

The footage showed a lot of SPY.One by one, dad travelled through the cameras until he reached a server room.He put a line of code and the downloading bar appeared. As soon it finished downloading my dad closed the laptop.His shocked face when he turned around seeing me was  unforgettable.

"What are you doing up from bed, Damian?"he asked me with pure terror.

"Dad,I'm 14 now.I know what you've been doing.You're a hacker.I figured it out myself.You created ESSENTIAL as a security system,but it also serves as a backdoor to the computers."

He seemed to realize I was smarter than he thought.Then again, my superior grades didn't come from me.I inherited it from him.

"Damien,"He said with a heavy heart;"I'm not a hacker.I'm a cyber vigilante.
I stared ESSENTIAL to gain power,but remember your 12th birthday? I heard you saying that you heard from sources that very rich people are bloodsuckers and power hungry people, and you wished that I wasn't one.
So  I changed for you."

I remembered that in my school for the people who contributed for the country, they were jerks.I meet their families and they didn't turned out any different.

I smiled to my dad."It's okay, dad.I forgive you.At least you changed.But I want to ask something from you."

"What is it?"

"I want to become a cyber vigilante."