He didn't know that loving her meant that he'd love every single little thing about her. Every little thing she did captivated him. Even if she wasn't saying a word, with just one look, he could tell so much. He could have a full conversation just looking into her eyes. He was getting better at keeping eye contact just for the fact that he wanted to look into her eyes and never look away.

He could almost compare her to the kind of dream that you never want to wake up from. The kind of dream you never want to end. Sadly, all the best dreams are evanescent, disappearing as soon as they came. That's why she couldn't be the best kind of dream, because no matter how good the dream, it always ends when you wake up. But she stayed, she was there. She was real. She was better than any dream he's ever had, or ever will have.

She was more than anyone could ever dream up.

So no, she was not a dream. She was not his "dream-girl," because eventually, those dreams fade. Dreams are evanescent. She was anything but.

The last creatures they fed were the Bowtruckles, and ______ noticed that Newt was lost in thought. "Newt," she called out. "Are you okay?"

"Hm? He hummed, tuning back into the reality around him. "Oh yes, just thinking."

"Ah, just making sure. Well, everyone's fed."

Newt smiled at her. "Are you ready to open presents?"

______ smiled and nodded. "As I'll ever be." Taking each other's hands, they headed back to the first room, climbing up the suitcase-ladder.

______ ran over to the tree, and still holding Newt's hand, fell to the ground, bringing him down with her. "My present first," she said, picking up the unassuming bag filled with the gifts she had gotten him. "It's not much, but I tried the best with what I had..." she trailed off, handing him the bag. Newt took the bag, thinking for a moment before pulling out the tissue paper, reaching for what was inside.

The first thing he pulled out was a fair-sized book, the title reading "Animal Minds." Newt studied the book for a moment after pulling it out, and nervously, ______ started rambling on about it. "I don't know if it seems lame, but since you're a magizoologist, I thought maybe you could get to know about zoology of the Muggle world. We don't have as exciting animals as you do, I'm sure, but I thought maybe I can show you a little bit of what I know about Muggle animals. You've already told me so much about the wizarding world, and I remember you saying once that there are some things about Muggles you still don't understand, so I thought... maybe I could help you understand, just like you helped me. Does that make any sense?"

Newt smiled, watching her bant about the reason she chose the book for him. "It makes perfect sense," he told her. "And I'd love to know as much about Muggles as I can, and I'll continue to show you as much as I can about the wizarding world."

She smiled at him. "Well, that's not all I got you! There's still one more thing."

Newt looked into the bag, reaching his hand in and pulling out her other gift. It was a small, light bronze picture frame, a small engraving on the bottom reading: The First Noel. Newt looked back to ______, smiling and wanting her to explain her reasoning behind this one too. He didn't need it as much, but he still just wanted to hear her talk. "The First Noel?" he asked, a smile still on his face.

"Noel, you know, like Christmas," she told him. "This is a lot of firsts. It's your first Christmas for a long time, it's my first Christmas in Britain, and most importantly..." she trailed off, looking him right in the eyes. "It's the first Christmas I get to spend with you."

Newt smiled and looked down at the empty picture frame, running a finger over the engraving. "I think," he began. "I might have an old camera somewhere around here."