25

AN: Merry Christmas! Even though for most of you it was yesterday, it's still Christmas here today!

As we get into the final chapter of Evanescent, I would like to thank ALL of you. Those who vote, those who comment, or those who just read. Thank you all for joining me while I write this story, and thank you for seeing it through to it's conclusion. I have more to say, but I'll save it for another part.

I love all of you. Thank you.

|--| |--| |--|

The next morning, Newt and ______ were awoken by Morrow jumping on the bed, barking for their attention. Newt was the first one to wake up, sitting up and looking at him. "What is it?" he asked in a sweet voice, despite just being woken up. No matter what time it was, no matter if Newt was just awakened or if he was cranky, he could never be upset with a creature, or ignore one trying to get his attention.

Morrow whined softly and ran over to Newt's case, placing his paws on top of it. Newt looked at him for a moment, trying to think about what he wanted when ______ spoke up sleepily from the bed.

"He wants to be fed," she said softly, sitting up softly and yawning. "He woke me up yesterday about the same thing."

"Oh, you're awake," Newt said, turning to her and sleeping. "Merry Christmas, love."

______'s eye widened, realizing what day it was. "That's right!" she exclaimed happily, standing up. "It's Christmas!" as she exclaimed this, she launched herself towards Newt, hugging him as they both fell back on the bed, laughing softly.

Newt looked up at ______'s eyes, still smiling. They seemed even prettier in the morning, to his surprise, and he could tell she was happy, because her eyes were smiling too. He could even see his own reflection in her eyes, smiling like an idiot.

"I love you," he whispered softly, still looking into her eyes.

______ looked back into his eyes, able to see her own reflection in his blue eyes, and she thought she could get lost staring into his eyes. "I love you too," she told him.

As they both leaned in to kiss, a dog whine pierced their ears. They both flinched slightly and turned to Morrow, who was now lying down by the case, his head resting on top of it. "I should feed them," Newt said, still looking at Morrow.

"I'll help you," ______ told him, getting up. "Then we can open presents."

"Oh yeah," Newt spoke. "I almost forgot about them." As he remembered presents, he also remembered the candy he left in his coat that night. I really hope the chocolate frog didn't melt, he thought, running a hand through his hair. "Well, let's get to feeding then!"

As they both got up and headed into Newt's case, Newt couldn't help but smile thinking how far they've gotten since the first time she went into his case.

She wasn't a random stranger whose house he broke into anymore, she was someone he loved.

She didn't stare at everything anymore, she became used to the magic around her.

She didn't get lost in his case anymore, she knew her way around every habitat and creature.

She didn't give off an unsure vibe anymore, she only brought happiness, and she always fed every creature with a smile on her face.

They had been through so much ever since she first came in, and just thinking about it seemed surreal. It didn't seem like that long ago, yet it had been nearly a month. More like three weeks, really, but even that seemed like a weird number. Maybe it was because when he was with _______, it was like the world stopped. Time moved differently with her, and if she was by his side, the world could be ending and he wouldn't even know it. Being with her was different than being with anyone else, and even though he understood it was because he loved her, he still didn't understand the full effect she had on his life.