Chapter 15

"What's wrong kid," Alex asked sitting down next to me after he paid for pizza, "Jack can you bring me a piece." He said and turned back to me to talk when he was interrupted by Jack.
"Get your own pizza loser."
"I'm talking to your daughter, now I want my damn pizza." Alex laughed turning to me. "Jack said your chest hurt?"
"Umm, yeah I guess." I rubbed my arm, and quickly pulled it down, pressing my eyes shut.
"You good." Alex leaned forward, his hand out ready to like catch me or something. I used to rub skin off until it left burns and I made a promise to the worst person, myself, that I wouldn't do it again, because if you make a promise to yourself you'll have to live with the guilt of breaking it.
I hummed a yes looking at the TV. "No seriously, come here." Alex took my hand and led me away from where Jack was.

"I'm fine Alex, I told you that." Alex sits on the floor, patting the spot beside him , I sit down and just listen to him.

"Now in the nicest way possible, what's bothering you." He pauses, "because we both know what I'm hearing is bullshit."

"i just don't know if i was ready to be adopted," I start and Alex nods me on. I sit up a little bit and continue, "Like my biggest thing is I just want my dad to be proud of me and whatever i decide to do, because I don't care about my mom she chose someone over me, nut I'm my dads only kid and I don't know if he would've wanted me to leave so soon." I leaned my head back till it hit the wall. Alex copied me.
  "Are you happy?" Alex asked. 
  "Happiest I've been in a while." I nodded.
"Would you say that's what your dad would want." Alex asked and I nodded, "There you go. Also, just know Jack isn't gonna pressure you into calling him dad or anything, just whenever you're ready got it kid?" I nodded and accepted Alex's hand to stand up. "And between you and me, Jack is getting over some, umm, let's say bad habits and if you need anything call me or Lisa, or you're always welcome over to my house."
"I've never been to your house but okay." Alex laughs and kisses my forehead. "Let's go kid."
"So we're you talking about me," Jack laughs, sipping on a beer.
"Jack you should put that down." Alex suggest grabbing my hand.
"Why." Jack took a longer sip, probably just to be a jerk.
"Because one will turn into two then two will turn into three..." Alex faded himself.
"I get it-" Jack said."Just one beer."
"Jack I'm serious, you have a kid now."
"Ok Alex." Alex turns to me, and hands me two slices of pizza.
"Go hang out with Lisa kiddo." I walk out of the kitchen, shutting the door behind me, and sit next to Lisa.
"What's wrong?" Lisa asked.
"I don't know, Alex is mad at Jack for something." Lisa catches her breath.
"What was he doing?"
"DAMMIT JACK!" Alex yells and I flinch.
"Go to your room, Noelle, I'll send Alex up to get you when it's better." I nod and stand up, thanking her. I run up the stairs and slam the door behind me.
I thought it would be better. I thought there wouldn't be any more drug and alcohol abusers, well I don't know enough to say he's an abuser but he seemed to have a problem.  I can't seem to catch a break. I get my head phones and laptop and turn up whatever's playing to YouTube really loud, grabbing the water bottle from the end of the bed. After about three videos, Alex knocked on the door.
"Come in," I called muting the volume on my laptop.
"You okay kid?" Alex asked, sitting next to me.
I just nodded, and took my headphones out, assuming he was gonna talk more. "I'm gonna tell you this, sometimes it might be better for you to stay up here for a day or two." Alex sighed peeling off his beanie, "Jack wants to have a good relationship with you but he's working on some other personal stuff right now." As he said that, flash backs of screaming fights with my step dad came to mind. I shut my eyes at the thought. "Don't worry though." Alex quickly added.
"I won't." I promised, but he kept talking.
"Jack is working on himself, and he probably wouldn't go off around you, but we just want to work on it, and I can get you stuff to entertain you." I don't require a lot, I thought, but nodded. "Me and Lisa are gonna leave, I told Jack to come talk to you."
"Ok bye Alex."
"Bye Noelle, love you." Alex hugged me and walking out, Lisa quickly coming in to say good bye.
"Bye Lisa, bye Alex." I wave good bye and they shut the door behind them. I hear voices, Alex telling Jack to be careful and he loves him, Lisa doing the same. As soon as the door shuts Jack is running up the steps.
"You okay kid, fuck I'm so sorry I shouldn't have done that, I wasn't thinking straight I was being a selfish asshole." Jack rambles on pacing my room.
"Jack relax. I'm fine." Jack shakes his head.
"No you aren't." He insist. "I read your file Noelle, I should've been more careful about alcohol."
"Jack I'll be okay." I laugh it off a little and rub my arm.
He sighs and shake his head. "I'm going to watch a movie, wanna come?" I nod my head and follow him back to the living room, Jack turns on a random Netflix movie, I don't know which one. I sit next to Jack and he wraps an arm around my shoulder. I lean on him and he kisses my forehead. Honestly, I love being here with Jack, I would rather have someone I can be a family with and just sometimes have small problems that we can deal with together like a real family.  Jack pulls a blanket over us and allows me to cuddle into him. Random fact, I'm a very touchy person but I don't like people really touching me for no reason like some people it's okay but others, get out of my face.
"Love you Noelle." I him a love you in response and fall asleep.