Chapter 7

Jack had called Alex from his phone, and told them we were here. They came Down and unloaded their stuff into the car. "Hello little one." Alex waves as me and Jack move to the back seat, so Alex can drive and Lisa can sit with him.
"Hi." I reply buckling.
"Why are you buckling?" Jack ask, seeming genuinely confused.
"Because we're driving...?"
"No Alex is driving, you can sleep." He not demands, but like demands.
"If you guys can stay up I can too." I argue.
"Go to sleep and I'll wake you up if we stop for food or something." I find Jack pushing my head down so I'm laying, then unbuckling.
"Jack." Lisa speaks up, "Let her do what she wants, if she wants to sit up let her, she'll sleep when she wants." She flashed a smile at me, as Jack apologizes. 
"La la la." Alex sings as he turns on the radio. I didn't know the song but apparently Alex did as he hummed along. I fiddled with my thumbs a bit as they started to pull out of the parking lot.
"Bored?" Jack asks, and I nod and shrug at the same time. "Let's stop at Best Buy." He suggest.
"We just pulled out of the parking lot." Lisa argues.
"That's what you're asking?" Alex complains. "What the fuck is at Best Buy?" Lisa glares at him.
"What's a Best Buy dumbass." Lisa asks again, and Alex shrugs. "Your Movie."
"STD!" Jack shouts. 
"2!" Alex screams in reply.
"I named the movie Straight To DVD so the initials could be STD." Jack whispers, as I look at him confused, he quickly adds on, "Nevermind."
"You have two minutes." Alex tells Jack, as he pulls into what I guess is a Best Buy. "Noelle can stay here." Jack protest, but Alex soon argues back, "You're just getting a movie, she can hang out with us for a minute." Jack rolls his eyes but walks in alone.
Alex turns to me with a goofy smile, "Hi!" He seems like he's trying to be gentle. 
"Hi." I wave, and begin to mess with my thumbs again. We sit there in silence for about two minutes before Alex speaks up.
  "Let's leave Jack here and stop at Dollar Tree for like something." Lisa shrugs and I do nothing so Alex begins to drive away, just as Jack runs up to the car.
"What are you doing?!" Jack yells.
"We were pulling up to the front." Alex laughs, Jack mumbles something then rolls his eyes. "Why did you even need a bag?" Alex ask "You were just getting a movie."
"Well," Jack motions for me to scoot over, "I bought twenty." He dumps them on the seat between us.
"Wait if your credit card is here," Alex points to a card in the cup holder, "Jack give me my credit card." Jack sheepishly hands it over. "YOU SPENT 200 DOLLARS?" Alex yells.
"I'll pay you back."
"No you won't." Alex rolls his eyes, "Im taking at least 150 out of yours then."
Jack shrugs, "Wanna watch it?" He ask me.
"Um she's not watching that." Alex cuts in.
"Who's the parent here?"
"Neither of you." I cut it, "As of right now I am basically running myself." I lean back into the seat, and lean against the window.
"Sorry." Jack apologizes and gives an awkward side hug.
"You're fine." I assure him, "I just get headaches and you all were driving me insane."
"I have something if you need it." Lisa offers but I shake my head.
"I'm just gonna sleep." Jack nods to me.
"Good night," he whispers "love you." Then leans against his own window.
"Night little one."
I lay against the window with my eyes closed for a few minutes before actually falling asleep.
"YOU BETRAYED ME!" My mother yelled as a social worker came to get me.
"Don't leave me." My younger brother yelled.
"I'll be back." I promise him. "I love you."
"GET BACK HERE IM YOUR MOTHER!" She screamed as I walked away.
"Bye guys I guess." I give my other two siblings hugs.
My mother and step dad are still yelling in my direction as I walk out. I give my youngest brother one last hug.
The last insult hurts me most, "NO WONDER YOUR FATHER KILLED HIMSELF TO GET AWAY FROM YOU."
I immediately jerk awake. "You good?" Alex ask, you were shaking for like 10 minutes then practically jumped. I just nodded.
"What's wrong?" Jack wakes up immediately concerned.
"It's fine really, I just had a night mare." I wipe tears from my eyes I didn't even know where there.
"Come here." Jack pulls me to the middle seat and unbuckles both of us. He holds me close, and I immediately want to pull away but I don't, "I got you. Go to sleep." He kisses my forehead and falls asleep, I don't know how long I'm just laying there, letting him hold me, but eventually I fall asleep.