Golden Eyes (Percy Jackson/ Twilight FanFic)

Chapter 1

The monster dissolved into dust which floated to the ground as I wiped my forehead, feeling a trickle of sticky red liquid flow down my face. I sheathed my sword back into my belt and felt the empty yet painful feeling of grief overtake me again as a single tear slipped from my right eye and soon turned into full on sobs. I sank to the ground, the feeling of grief numbing all pain I should have been feeling from the injuries I had sustained in the past week.

Five years. That's how long the three of us had been on this stupid quest and we had got no where. Abby. Hannah. They had died for nothing. Yes they had died fighting but what for? This quest had been a dead end from the start and it seemed like life just wanted to laugh in our faces until we died. Sending more and more monsters at us until it had eventually killed them. They sacrificed themselves for me. The worst part? I can't ever tell them how stupid they were. How much more their lives mean than mine.

I'm the invisible girl. The one no one knew or bothered to know. Another daughter of Apollo who had never met their dad and in my case never my mother either. Abby and Hannah... Well they were both well known and everyone seemed to want to be them. Abby a daughter of Aphrodite but unlike most the others she didn't mind sacrificing fashion to fight. Hannah was a daughter of Athena and extremely beautiful, possibly more so than Abby and extremely loveable. While they were popular I was just a person in the shadows. Watching from afar. Not bothering to talk to anyone since they all thought I was a freak. Why? I don't know.

To be honest I don't know how long I sat on the slightly damp earth of the woods floor but the sun was beginning to sink lower in the sky casting shadows all around me. I stood up with a heavy heart and brushed the pine needles of my blue denim shorts before slinging my rucksack filled with spare clothes, ambrosia/nectar, drachma's and other essentials.

Dry leaves crunched beneath my feet as I willed myself forward, creating the only sound in the woods for the birds had all fallen into an almost eerie silence. I fiddled with my diamond heart ring as I always did when I was nervous or uncomfortable, in this case nervous. The silence was unsettling and the shadows around me only added to that feeling. My heart beat picked up its pace ever so slightly as I trudged forward looking for a way out of this stupid woods.

A twig snapped about 50 metres to my left making my head snap in that direction only to see nothing but empty forest. Adrenaline began to course through my veins as I tried to convince myself that there was nothing there. Monsters wouldn't be able to hide so quickly. This time there was a slight rustling of leaves behind me and I immediately spun around towards the direction of the sound only to find nothing yet again. No signs of life.

My thumb now rested on the heart of my diamond ring ready to press down if needed. After a few seconds of uneasy silence I frowned. Must have imagined it. Stupid silence making me imagine things. I sighed and continued forward a slight breeze blowing my hair in my face, momentarily blinding me.

I stopped walking and moved the curtain of hair from in front of my face only to be greeted by a pair of what could only be described as blood red eyes. "You smell so sweet." The voice that belonged to the man who owned the eyes hissed taking a step closer to me. Out of pure instinct I took a step back and pressed down on the heart of my ring. My celestial bronze sword came into my hand and the red eyed man laughed. "That won't work on me sweetheart. It's not strong enough to penetrate my skin." He said suddenly beside her. How is that even possible? How can someone move so fast?

"What are you?" I asked determination over coming my fear for that brief question.

"Your predator. The creature that feeds on the red liquid that flows through your veins." He said quietly which seemed to make him more terrifying than when he hissed since his eyes darkened slightly as his gaze fixated onto my neck. "Figured it out yet sweetheart?" He asked with a perfect British accent.

"Vampire." I breathed in shock but also fear. Weapons wouldn't help me now. Skin like marble. Speed that's impossible to outrun. Stronger than the Minotaur. Thirsting for my blood. Something even the bravest would be afraid of.

"Well done little lamb. It's a shame your not going to live past this, your such a pretty little thing but I'm hungry and your blood smells simply divine." The vampire said eyes growing darker with each word. Even though there was no point in running I ran, my sword turning back into my ring as I did. Less than a few seconds after I did I felt a rock hard force slam into me sending me flying into a tree. My vision began to turn blurry as I saw my death come walking towards me and crouch down in front of me. "Such a waste." The vampire muttered before I felt a stinging sensation in my neck and I blacked out from hitting the tree.

The only thing I could remember after that was pain.