Chapter 35 - Fearless Sweetheart.

Start from the beginning

“Your skin is half missing, you can’t just say you’re fine.”

“My leg could be dangling half of and I’d still do this.”

“I swear to God.” 

It wasn’t the wisest of moves and I knew I needed medical treatment immediately but there wasn’t an ambulance or paramedic in sight. The longer I left it the more it would scar and the worse it would become, blisters would appear soon, time was most definitely not on my side. The sirens had grown close but faded away just as quick. The car was still burning lively, the smoke had now rose from the ground leaving us almost uncovered and vulnerable. 

I couldn’t run away because any direction I ran in I’d be taken by them, dead or alive. I don’t think they knew I was in the car, something told me Sykes wouldn’t be overly pleased if they had killed me before he’d got what he wanted. And especially because he wasn’t the one who would have killed me. The windows of the car were tinted except the windscreen, they would have seen Harry and Zayn and taken action without a second thought – idiots.

“Guys…” I flicked my head upwards as Zayn’s voice filled my ears, his tone a little shaky and unstable. I gulped before turning to face what he was looking at. I hobbled on the spot and pivoted all the way round. I was clinging onto Harry’s arm for support, the muscles in my legs refused to co-operate fully with me. 

“DROP YOUR WEAPONS!” A man with a machine gun pointed straight at us shouted through the residue of the smoke. I looked at Harry sceptically, silently asking what to do. I didn’t want to disarm myself but he wasn’t exactly giving us much choice. I’d seen in all the shows, if any of us tried to fire first he’d already be pulling the trigger before we’d have the chance. 

“Do it.” Zayn calmly told us, the sound of his weapon hit the floor. It scraped against the road so it was out of our reach. Harry and Oli followed suit, taking out and dropping their guns across the tarmac. Harry looked at me waiting for me to copy. 

“AND THE GIRL, DROP IT!” 

“Lennon,” Harry hissed, jerking his head towards the floor. I plucked the weapon from the back of jeans. It clung to my skin, the metal still warm after the flames had hit it. The vest I was wearing protected the majority of my back mercifully. I kicked it across the road along with the others after that. 

“What the fuck do we do now?” I hissed but kept my focus on the man in front of us, only twenty or so feet away. The damage the machine gun could do at this distance was unimaginable. 

“We can’t do anything, we’re unarmed. We wait for back up.”

“Are you serious Zayn, you just want us to stand here and wait?”

“We’re unarmed, we take one step and they shoot us dead.”

I gritted my teeth, grinding my top and lower jaw together. The pain was beginning to feel more evident, shooting up through my limbs, it was so intense I had to keep taking sharp breaths every time it rifled through my body. I would have done anything for some cold water right then, my legs felt like they were on fire. 

“STYLES,” The man yelled after one of the other East siders had rounded up our weapons from the middle of the road. There were no civilians about, not a single person and no one even spying through a window. They had planned this to a T. 

“GET DOWN ON YOUR NEEDS AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD!” The mans smirk at the end was chilling and alarming. He positioned the gun so it rested comfortable on his shoulder, squinting one eye he lined up is aim looking down the barrel.