Chapter 6

Kisses POV

TGIF! Today is a holiday so no classes. Yeeey! And Im excited because later we are going to BATANGAS and it's my first time. Dad allowed me to come because Maymay personally talked to him when he visited the other day. I must say Maymay have an extraordinary convincing powers.

So now I'm preparing stuff I will bring. I love beaches so much that it makes me squeal like a kid right know. As a kid, I dreamt of building a house near the beach so each morning I can walk down the shore and hear the traquil music waves do create. I want to visit different beaches around the world and collect sands from them.

I was out of my reverie when my phone beeped. T'was a message from dad.

To: Dad
Good morning, anak. I know you're really excited, Im perfectly aware how much you love beaches ever since that's why I allowed you to come. You can bring your Yaya Dora with you if you want. Take care anak. I love you so much. Have fun.

A text from Dad makes me feel a pang in my chest and i want to burst in tears. Is he that busy to have a phone call with his unica hija? It pains me to think that Im just a minority of his priorities. Looking on the bright side, at least he texted.

To: Dad

Thanks Dad. No need to bring yaya Dora dad I can handle myself na. Love you too, dad, always. Take care always.
-K

Yaya Dora: "bebe girl, you want me to tulong you?" She's more conyo than me, it makes me laugh.
K: "Im fine ya. Im almost done packing naman e."
Yaya Dora: "okay bebe girl, just call my name and I'll be there." She closed my door and I continue packing my things.

As soon as i finished packing my stuff, I heard a boisterous laugh outside then suddenly

MM: "hello Kirsten Danielle. So ready ka na later?"
K: "yes, super ready" i said with full of excitement. Her phone beeped, i saw her face become worried.
MM: uhm, Kisses, can you go with the guys na lang later, Viv texted me na pinapatawag kami sa school asap e."
K: "really? Even it's holiday? Is it okay if I'll go with them?"
MM: "sus, hindi ka lalamunin ng mga yun. Wait for them here sila na susundo sayo, they will text you naman later, sige i have to go na talaga." She said and hurriedly reached the exit of my room. "Oh wait, susunod na alang kami ni Viv ha."

OMG!

Edward POV

Marco asked me if I can fetch Kisses before heading to Batangas.

"You know what to do, bro. Take good care of her." He warned as he sneak out my room.

I sighed. He's really into Kisses.

To: Kisses
Gonna fetch you later 1pm sharp. Send me your address. This is Edward.

I got her digits from Marco, of course. After a few minutes, I got a reply from her containing her address. So she live in a condominium owned by them.

Kisses POV

Im in a hurry because Ed is already here to fetch me.

K: "hey, sorry i made you wait.'
E: "it's okay, you're worth waiting naman." He seemed not to notice that I blushed.
K: "so where are Marco, Yong, and Chan?"
E: "they'll follow with Maymay and Vivoree."
K: "OMG! so its you and me lang going to Batangas now?" I said with a trace of confusion in my voice
E: "Yes, so shall we?"

We are now stucked, Manila is the traffic capital of the Philippines.
E: "Kisses, you can sleep if you want."
K: "no, im good. I want to enjoy the view later and need to stay awake so you won't get bored." He just smiled with my remark.
E: "we can play music and if you wish you can use your playlist."
K: "naaa, i kinda have weird playlist. A collection of my favorite songs."
E: "we can try." Again, he flashed his  charming smile.
K: "don't blame me if you find it annoying ha."
E: "promise, i won't." So i started playing songs from my playlist.

Now playing: "alone together"

E: "woah! I didn't know you listen to this kind of song." He's amused, i guess.
K: "actually FOB is my favorite band."
E: "really? Same here. Hmmm, i think we can get along welTomaI just realized the song fits us right now.

Edward and I talked about a lot of things. We got the chance to know each other better, the stuff that we like and what we don't, even our own passion. I learned that he race car when time permits him. I appreciate Edward more as a person.

Later... We arrived at Viv's family rest house. It's kinda hard to find since it's our first time here and rain is pouring hard.

"Magandang gabi po maam Kisses, sir Edward. Ako po si Lita, ibinilin na kayo ni maam Vivoree sa akin." Said by a lady in her mid 40s.
K:"magandang gabi rin po."
Ate Lita: "halina po kayo dito naihain ko na ang hapunan nyo."
K: "thank you po."

We finished our dinner when ate Lita bid her goodbye.
Ate Lita: "kayo na munang bahala dinhi. Babalik na laang ako bukas. Uuwi pa ako wala kasing kasama ang aking anak sa bahay. Panik kayo sa itaas naroroon ang mga kwarto nakahanda na ang mga yoon at kung magutom man kayo may mga pagkain sa ref."
K: "no problem po. thank you po. Ingat po kayo."

Edward POV

Few minutes when ate Lita left, the power shut down and rain still pours hard with lightning and thunder.

E: "Kisses, are you alright?" No one answers. "Kisses. Kisses, where are you?" Still no answer but i heard something moved underneath the table. I turned on my phone's light and I saw her sitting there like a scared cat. "Hey Kisses, are you afraid? Hey, hey come here." she went out and I saw trace of tears on her cheeks.
K: "Ed, im scared." Starts sobbing again.
E: "hey Kisses, I'm just here. I won't leave you. Calm down okay." I cupped her face upon saying those. I saw how scared she is. I hugged her, I don't know why but it felt like it was the best thing I can do.
When she calmed down, I saw her yawn.
E: "Kisses are you sleepy?" She just nod. "Hmmm, can you manage to sleep alone in your room?"
K: "No. Edward no, please don't leave me alone." She start sobbing again. Im already panicking, wht will I do with her? Think Edward, think.
E: "you want to sleep with me? I mean beside me so you won't get scared?" She nods "okay, let me find a lamp to light us then we can sleep."

We are now lying on the bed with a pillow between us when a loud thunder made her panic again.
K: "Ed, can I hold your hand? I'm so scared" her voice trembles. I reached for her hand, its so cold
E: "feel better?"
K: "yup"
E: "sleep now. I won't leave you, i promise." I watch her sleep with a lamp illuminating her face until i doze off.