2. Shattered Innocence

Start from the beginning

"No shit?"

"No shit."

"Damn," Alex said. "How the hell much did you drink?"

"I have no idea." Shawn rubbed his hands over his face. "Tell me, though, what do you mean I was all over this chick?" He had a pretty good idea what happened in the bathroom upstairs, but wondered what he'd done in view of everyone else. And more importantly, what he'd done that could get back to his dad.

"You really don't remember?"

"I told you I didn't," Shawn snapped, his annoyance finally breaking through. "Just ... tell me, all right?"

"Fine, jeez," Alex said. "Well, I meant what I said. I've never seen you mack so hard with a girl. You were like practically dry humping her in the middle of the living room."

Shawn groaned and covered his face with his hands. He knew better than to drink. He knew it. Why hadn't he just said no? "And then what?" His voice cracked on the word "what."

"Dunno." Alex shrugged. "I came into the kitchen for a refill and when I got back, you were both gone."

"Great."

"Hey, man. Don't worry about it. No one's gonna tell."

"What are you talking about?"

Alex's eyes met his. "Everyone knows about 'the rule'."

Shawn just stared.

"For what it's worth, I think it's bullshit. Who plays better sexually frustrated, you know?"

Shawn pinched the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger. This was a nightmare. "I don't even know her damn name. I mean, that's kind of a dick move." In the past, Shawn had been an ass, a cocky douche, but he had never been a dick. He had standards.

"Who cares?" Alex slapped Shawn on the shoulder. "Less mess that way. Besides, I think she's just some scrub from Whitecastle anyway. They totally owe us a few of their skanks, know what I mean?"

Shawn didn't say anything and lowered his head back to the counter. The cold Formica against his forehead helped a bit with the pounding. Something about this whole thing wasn't sitting quite right with him. He didn't make it a habit to sleep with random girls and not even get their names. But even more so, he had no idea what kind of girl this girl was. She couldn't be so innocent if she let him bang her against a door without even giving him her name. She'd probably let any guy do the same thing. What if she was diseased or something equally disgusting? God, he'd have to go get tested now. A shudder worked its way through his body. He hated needles.

The more he thought about it, the more he thought maybe Alex was right. Chances were, if he didn't know her name, she didn't know his either. The last thing he wanted was for some girl tracking him down, claiming she'd been with him, and his dad finding out. No, that wouldn't be good for anyone involved.