🎄1/4

The list of friends Adrien had left to buy Christmas presents for turned very slim, meaning that he had almost completed all of his Christmas shopping for his friends. It could be he was bored while sitting in the back of the car while he was being driven to his holiday photoshoot, but it was a list he had to look for eventually to be sure everyone he knew had a gift.

The Christmas music from a piano calmed his nerves while listening to it through his ear buds. he wanted to lean on the window and take a quick catnap before spending hours in make-up, and costume changes, and posing for around four hours.

Going back to the list, Adrien noticed one person he hasn't bought anything for.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng. One of his best friends at school.

While wondering what to buy for the future designer, he turned to Natalie. "Um...how many more days till I have to buy presents?"

Natalie took a couple seconds to look at the calendar on her tablet. "Today is the last day for shoppers, Adrien. If you are behind in gifts, you wouldn't have much time after the photoshoot to shop."

"But I didn't buy one of my friends a gift yet. I bought everyone else gifts, I even bought Chloe five gifts this year." He said. "I'll think of something to buy for Marinette if you help me where to buy it and what time the store closes."

Natalie nodded in agreement. "Sounds fine by me. I'll let your father know you will be home later tonight." She said, typing away already to send the message. "It'll be my pleasure to help you look for a gift your friend..."

"Marinette." Adrien smiled. "She's really awesome, and she wants to be a fashion designer."

She nodded, picking up a catalog from her bag. "I think she will like something from this catalog. Its this year's top Christmas gifts by the Agreste brand."

"Yeah, I know about it, but I can't afford any of this stuff." He frowned. "I don't think father would let me buy any of it."

"Oh, I'm sure he would if it's for an inspired fashion designer like Miss Dupain-Cheng." She said. "You get your holiday allowance from your father today, so I hope it'll be enough for you to purchase something."

Adrien nodded and started flipping through the pages of the catalog. He was aiming to buy something sentimental, something Marinette could use. He skipped the jewelry section since she doesn't wear many accessories. He looked through the novelty section and something caught his eye.

A sewing box, which features three drawers—one for safety pins, chalk, and pencils. One for elastics and trims. And one for bobbins for sewing machines starting with basic colors such as blacks, white, greys, reds, and blues. While the drawers were fastening in like a case, on the top there was a set of sewing needles, yellow and white sewing pins, scissors for thread, and a verity of thread in the same colors as the bobbins. In the middle was a unique pin cushion. The pin cushion was in a shape of an Eiffel tower without the littlest details and looked like it could stand beside the sewing machine as the seamstress work.

"This one is perfect for Marinette!" Adrien smiled. "They have this at the fabric store already, don't they?" he asked.

"I'll make some phone calls and see if I can have a store save you one." Natalie took note. She pointed out of Adrien's window to make him look where they were at now. "Looks like we're here. Do your best, Adrien." She encouraged.

Adrien's excitement drained from his face. "Alright, but I can't wait to go shopping after this photoshoot." He tried to smile again as unbuckled himself from the seat and open the door before his bodyguard could reach him.

***

Think, Marinette, think...

In the bedroom was a blue haired girl pacing back and forth mumbling to herself while biting her thumb.

"Think, think, think..." she mumbled. "What else could I make for Adrien for Christmas."

The red and black kwami was sitting in her tiny little cushion on the desk wondering if her owner was going to be fine. She nibbled on the last cookie on the plate while wondering if Marinette would create a hole in the floor for pacing so much for two hours.

Marinette knew the kwami was busy eating cookies, so she haven't gotten a chance to ask Tikki. She finally sighs and sits in her desk chair. "I don't know Tikki. I could make him something else, but what?"

Tikki finished her cookie and gulped. "I'm sure he will love the Santa hat you made for him. Maybe something simple?"

"Yeah, but would he like simple?" she asked. "I like making complicated things that do look simple! I put so much work into the santa hat that I broke all of my needles to hand sew the fluffy trim, the fur ball, and the three attached fur balls on the end! I made just enough to buy the fabric- and Christmas fabric was expensive this year!"

"So...um, what about your sewing machine?" Tikki said shyly.

"Hm? What about it?"

"Oh, nothing!" Tikki giggled. "I thought I heard a noise while you were sewing and I was concerned."

Marinette rolled her eyes. "It does that every once in a while, Tikki. It's an old machine that I will have to replace soon."

Tikki nodded. Hearing Marinette's name being called from downstairs made her hide in her little house Marinette made not too long ago for her.

"Marinette!" Marinette shuddered and turned to her door. When she ran to open it, she found her mother climbing half way up the stairs.

"Marinette, you promised you would work in the bakery today to help with the customers with your father." Sabine said. "He's waiting in the bakery for you."

"Oh, right. Sorry Mom." Marinette apologized. "I'll go down there in a few minutes."

"Thank you. Please don't take too long." Sabine said before turning and walk down the stairs.

Marinette closed her door and sighed. "I'll be back here in a few hours. I completely forgot I was supposed to work tonight."

"It's fine, Marinette." Tikki smiled as she searched for the stash of cookie her owner had just for the kwami. "Do your best work down there and earn your Christmas money! Your parents will be so proud of you!"

Marinette smiled and thanked the kwami before heading down to the bakery.