Chapter 6

Sorry for such a long wait! I hope you enjoy it!!

Chapter 6 -- Meeting Old Friends--

"Maybe she wanted some privacy?" I questioned.

 "No she would have told me, she wouldn't have just left." she paused and whispered, "She always tells me when she leaves with someone." trying to reassure herself of the fact that Lily wouldn't just leave her behind.

 I wanted to ask if she had tried to sniff her out, but I couldn't find a way to phrase it, "Um... Did you..." I started.

 "Yes!" Ashley interrupted impatiently, "I even looking outside for her. Or at least I tried, I couldn't see anything really with all of the smoke and there was so much noise that I couldn’t hear her. I don't know what to do!" Ashley finally said, breaking down.

 Oh gosh, they were going to kill me. How was I supposed to keep my identity a secret? "Okay, I'll see what I can do, go find Alec and tell him everything."

 "But Emma, how are you going to find her?"

 "Just go Ashley!" I yelled. She jumped at my sudden anger and dashed off to find Alec.

 I let every sense I had come flooding back. I trained my hearing in trying to pick up on certain things. I heard Alec and Ashley talking, I heard Reece ask Layla for another dance. I heard various conversations, but none of them were what I really wanted.

 I then focused my smell, trying to find where Lily had last been. I found it quickly, along with Ashley's scent and another scent that chilled me to the bone. She had been dancing with a vampire.

 I tried to find a trial, but couldn't pick up on anything. It frustrated me, and there were so many other scents that I felt over whelmed, but I remembered what Lacey had told me, I was a professional, I had been trained to hunt creatures and people down. I was the best. No one could get the better of me. And that's when I found it, the trail. He was good, whoever it was, but I was better, and I was going to get Lily back.

 I followed the tiny trail he had left behind to one of the back doors and began to walk down an alley way. I didn't like the feeling of all of this; why would a vampire take Lily? I tried to think back to anything I knew about her: she was the alpha's sister, smart, beautiful, got good grades, was friends with everyone. Maybe this vampire was trying to set a trap for Alec? She was probably terrified to death and confused.

 I shook my head of all thoughts and concentrated all of my senses to finding Lily. If I could find her, I would be on the good side when it came to the werewolves. My eyes spotted something I deeply wished they hadn't, and then my nose smelt it. The red metallic drops of blood, and next came a shriek cut short, just a ways off. I never thought I would feel pity for a werewolf, but in that moment, I felt so sorry for Lily.

I ran towards the sound and continued to see more blood and hear crying and sucking. I was furious at whoever it was that was doing this. And I let that anger drive me towards my destination.

 I rounded a corner and what I saw stopped me in my tracks. There on the ground was a deathly pale Lily and on top of her was a hunched over vampire sucking her dry.

 I hissed a warning and the figure stood up slowly, a hand came up, wiping the blood from his mouth. He turned around, taking his precious time doing so.

 His features seemed so familiar, so shockingly familiar but it wasn't until he spoke that I recognized him, "Well, hello, Anastasia."

 "Brandon." I spat, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

 Brandon smirked, "Just eating. I've got to live, don't I?"

 "You realize who that is right? This could screw up my whole operation!"