Chapter 2

Chapter 2 -- First Day--

I walked into the office and stood at the front desk. The receptionist was on the phone with another lady. She looked up and held a finger, telling me to wait.

"... But that boy, Alec, he seems to run this whole school... It’s like he's corrupted the principles mind... Well yes, he's very charming and he's handsome too... Yes exactly... That's what I keep trying to tell him but he doesn't listen to me... I can't quit... Well because Dorothy, this is probably the only decent paying job I'll be able to find... It is- it's very hard to find a job in such short notice... Hold on Dorothy, I think this is the new student I was to be expecting... I'll ask." she took the phone a short distance away from her ear and put her hand to the mouth piece of the phone, "Is you're name Emma?" she asked me.

"Yes ma'am," I said with a smile. Well who would have thought Dorothy knew this lady.

"Yeah, her name's Emma... Okay I'll tell her," the lady turned her focus back to me, "Dorothy says hi."

"Tell her hi for me and that I really enjoyed her cookies."

"She says hi and that she likes her cookies... Okay good bye, sweetie, I'll call you later. Tell Luke hi for me... Okay bye-bye." and she hung up the phone. "Sorry, old friend. So you're the new student, Emma yes?"

"Yes ma'am, Emma Jones."

"Okay, it looks like you're all set, your mother came in earlier this week and set you all up." she smiled at me.

"Glad to hear it." I said. Maybe I could get some information from her.

"I'll just print you a copy really fast and then you can go." she said and busied herself with the computer.

"So his Alec guy..." I started.

"Oh don't listen to me, just an old gossiper," she said, waving her hand dismissively.

"No, I'm really curious. And it could help me in choosing the people I make my friends." I said playing innocent.

"When you put it that way... I guess it couldn't hurt... Well from what I've seen, he gets all of his friends out of suspension or expulsion even when they deserve it. He's a cutie alright, very handsome, but he scares everyone, even the teachers. There's something fishy about that boy, it's almost like he's god and controls everyone's move. No one in his little group does anything without his okay accept his best friend and his younger sister."

"His younger sister or his friend’s younger sister?" I wasn't aware he had a younger sister.

"His, her name's Lily, she's a year younger than him, and she’s a junior this year. They're practically inseparable every sense their dad died. That was a horrible accident, he was such a good man, and everyone loved him. I feel sorry for the boy, having to live in that kind of shadow. Must be dreadful. But it's no reason to act the way he does, if you ask me." she said, and finished just as the late bell rang for class. "Oh dear, I've talked to my heart’s content. I'll write you a late pass and give you roughly 15 minutes just so you can walk around, get to your locker, and become familiar with the school." she said, giving me a kind smile.

"Thank you so much. I appreciate it." I said. I could get used to this lady. Maybe I should become closer to Dorothy as well; they were very gossipy and seemed to know quite a lot for old ladies. 

I took the pass and began to walk around the school I already knew where everything was; I had a whole plane trip to memorize everything. The school was a two story building, it was kind of old, but had been freshly updated, there were new computers and a new gym, the seniors also had new lockers. I didn't really have any books so I didn't need to go to my locker, instead I walked around the school, and it wouldn't hurt to get a feel of everything. It was a lot bigger than it seemed.