Choice

Isn't funny how one little thing can change your whole world. Whether its a choice you make, or a choice someone else makes. Every choice you make can change your whole life. How one thing happening can lead to everything falling apart.

Barry Allen. He chose to save his mom. To live another life. A better life. He made the choice to leave that life. He made the choice to fall in love with Iris West. He also made the choice to leave. To come back. To be the flash. To be a hero. To help others. To go to Star Labs. To chase Savitar. To fight Savitar. Every choice Barry Allen has made has led him here to this moment. To lying in a bed unconscious, fighting to live.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe and Iris rushed to Star Labs. They only knew 2 things. One Barry was hurt, and two it was bad. The drive seemed like it took hours for Iris. She needed to know that he was going to be okay. She didn't know if she would be able to live if he died thinking that she hated him. No. She couldn't think like that. She had to believe that he would be fine. That they would be fine.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she barely noticed when her dad said that they were there. They got out of the car, and entered the building. She ran down the hallway into the cortex when she stopped. He was in the bed. Machines hooked up to him. It wasn't like she had never seen him like this before. She had. Multiple times. But it still shocked her to see him like this.

She didn't know how long she had been standing there, and just staring at him. Caitlin walked over to her and touched her shoulder.

"Iris?"

She slowly began to cry.

"How bad is it."

"He has suffered multiple broken ribs, internal bleeding, concussion, and there was some brain bleeding. He is in a coma for now, but I don't no when he will wake up."

"Can I have a minute alone with him."

She nodded her head and everyone left the room.

Iris walked over and sat next to him on the bed. She took his hand in hers.

"Hey Barr. It's been a while since we talked. I wanted to say that I'm sorry for the way I reacted. I should have thought about what you may have went through. I was just so mad at you. You weren't being you, and I guess in a way it scared me. I was afraid that you didn't love me anymore. I forgive you though. Right now I really need you to wake up, so I can look you in the eyes, and tell you that I love you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barry heard her voice. He could here her.
"Iris."
He shot up out of the bed, and could see her holding his hand. She didn't move though.
"Iris?"
She lifted his hand to kiss his knuckle.
"I will wait for you too wake up."
"Iris. I'm awake. Can you hear me? Iris?"
He got out of the bed and walked around scratching his head. Thats when he saw his body in the bed.
He was here.
He was awake.
But he wasn't here.
He wasn't awake.