#19 Love can hurt the most

♣JOELS POV (MYRAS X BF)♣

It was meant to help.

It was meant to keep her safe.

So how come I feel like it's destroyed her, nearly as much as it has me.

She wasn't safe around me and I love her enough that if leaving her would keep her safe then I would do it. But I knew she would never go willingly, so I came up with a plan to make her hate me instead, so she could move on with her life. 

***********************FLASHBACK***********************

"...And that sweet little Myra of yours is going to pay." Beeping rang through my ears as I slightly registered that he had hung up. Anger and fright sizzled through my veins as the vile words seeped through my phone.

How dare he!! How Dare he ever threaten my beautiful May! She has done nothing wrong!

But then it hit me; it didn't matter how sweet and innocent Myra was, because if she stayed with me; vampires, hunters and werewolves would always be on her trail wanting her blood, and I couldn't always be there to protect her.

And as much as it killed me the only way to protect her would be to let her go.

My chest contracted as my heart stopped, even just the thought of May being out of my life brought tears to prickle at the edges of my eyes.

I had always imagined her and I getting married then getting our own house together where our 3 little girls would grow up and learn to ride their bicycles, then we would grow old together and spoil our gran kids. But that would never happen.

Because I had to keep her safe!

So with that thought I shoved my emotions into the corner of my heart and grabbed my keys heading toward the car; because I had to act tonight, before tomorrow morning; our 2 month anniversary...

****

It was now around 10 in the morning and I lay next the stripper I had bought for the night. We hadn't done anything yet as I couldn't bring myself to actually do anything with anyone else but May, but when she arrives I would just have to suck it up.

Soft flowers hit my nose as I heard the front door creak open.

May...

My heart lit up for a second as I thought about her beautiful smile but then suddenly sunk again as I thought about what I had to do.

I quickly turned to the stripper ripping her and my own clothes off before stuffing us under the blankets.

May's light footsteps echoed from the hallway as she came closer and closer to my room.

Taking in a large breath to calm my nerves, I forced out a moan, which more seemed annoyed then sexual but it would have to do.

I grabbed the strippers hips causing a shiver of disgust to run up my spine.

I thrashed into her just as my bedroom door creaked open. The stripper moaned digging her nails into my back, but instead of feeling amazing and turning me on like May's had it caused she to shudder away from her. This girl felt wrong, used, dirty and plain disgusting laying in my arms. But with May it felt special, amazing and delightful all at the same time. Just thinking of May sent a small moan to escape my lips.

A loud thud echoed through the room making me look up in the direction it came.  

My heart broke into tiny pieces as I sore the absolutely destroyed look on her face. My face turned into a scowl of hatred as I thought about how much of a fucking bastard I was for hurting her. I was a little pussy for not standing up to them and just protecting her. No! I had to go brake her fucking heart!