Senior Year at ASU

Kion in the mm

KION

Alabama State University, my university for the last 3 years.

"Kion! Nice to see ya boy!"

"Wassup coach." He stopped and dapped me up before hitting me in my arm.

"Still been lifting weights? Ready to get back on the field?"

"Always, it's my last year and I'm captain so you know I gotta show out, I'm trying to get drafted this year."

"Put in the effort you've been putting in and you will, don't let that little girl you be running around with distract you."

"She doesn't distract me from this coach."

"Not what Marco said, but I'll take your word for it. I gotta get going but I'll see you tomorrow at practice, 7am on the field."

"You got it." He hit my shoulder once before walking away. I looked down at my phone and checked the time, 3:13pm. I was supposed to meet Kaya at 3 so I know she's about to hand my ass to me. I rolled my eyes and threw my phone in my pocket before continuing to walk towards Pizza Hut.

When I got there, I saw Kaya sitting at a table with her arms crossed, cutting her eyes toward the door I just came in.

"Shit."

I walked over to the table she was at, sitting beside her and wrapping my hands around her small waist. She used her freshly done acrylic nails to remove my arms before sliding down further in the booth, away from me.

"Where have you been?"

"My coach stopped me, he was reminding me of practice tomorrow."

"Kion, I talked to you at 2:30 and you said you were on the way. I know he didn't stop you for that long so what's the truth?"

"... It was a long conversation.."

"Kion."

".... I th-"

"Kion, don't lie."

"Fine, I didn't leave my apartment until like 2:45."

"I done told you about that shit, you gotta stop that lying shit bro, for real."

"Baby I'm sorry."

"That's what you say everytime Kion."

"Imma st-"

"Here's your pepperoni pizza, Parmesan cheese is on the table. If you need anything else let me know, my name is Ashley."

"Thanks Ashley." Kaya responded, taking the pizza from the waitress, who then walked away.

"I'm sorry for lying Kaya."

"I'll forgive you... again. Now get some pizza, I know you're hungry."  She got her a piece before sliding it my way. This is what I love about her, even when she's mad at me, she's still thinking about me and my health.

"Gimmie kiss."

"Kion eat."

"C'mon love.." I started kissing on her neck and she kept trying to push me away but based on her reaction, her facial expressions, I know she didn't want me to.

"Kion, we're in Pizza Hut, get off my neck."

"Gimmie kiss and I'll stop."

"You don't deserve a kiss."

"Woooooow. Aight." I stopped and slid over in the booth. A few seconds later, she grabbed my face and turned me towards her.

"You're a big ass baby."

"I know." I grabbed her waist and kissed her. After a few seconds, she moved my head.

"Still got my kiss though." She rolled her eyes and mushed my head to the side.

"You coming over later?"

"Nah, I gotta be up for practice early. You gotta work tomorrow? I can come see you after practice is over."

"Yea, I get off at 6 but my little sister is a dancer on AAMU's dance team so she might be staying with me tomorrow night."

"They start practice tomorrow?"

"Kion, I know you know. Your little ex is the captain."

"Well," I started, pulling her closer to me. "I haven't talked to my little ex in a while so no, I wouldn't know."

"That's surprising."

"You already knew that. Stop bringing her up anyways, she doesn't matter."