Chapter 19:

Chapter 19:

Reave's POV:

"...Six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen............" We both counted as the cannons went off and when they stopped, I turned to Torri, my eyes big in shock at the number I counted, her face mirrored mine... "I counted fourteen, you?" I muttered out, breaking the silence. "Same!" she replied shocked. Wow, that's a lot, and all just killed in the small amount of time we've been in here. It seems like only two minutes, but it's probably been about two hours!

We both quickly climb down the tree. I, just so we won't forget, put a little marking on the tree. It looks like the letters 'T' and 'R' put together quite bit and inside of a circle. So, we start to walk away from the tree with our weapons in hand and try to find some source of water. I suddenly remember the lake that you could see from the cornucopia, "Torri, the lake! That's where all the water would be coming from!" I quickly whisper shout. "Oh yeah! The one you could see from the cornucopia right?" she replies. "Yep. So we've got, to get there, I think we should cut through where the cornucopia is..." I suggest. "But what about the other tributes? The carriers, they almost always stay there... We could just go to near the edge of the bushes surrounding it and slowly make our way around?!" she replies thoughtfully.

"Yeah, ok. I think that's the best option. Let's just hope we can get there before it gets dark!" I reply making my way in front of Torri to lead the way.

After about 30 minutes we can finally see the outlines of the cornucopia, we slowly and quietly make our way to the edge of the bushes to see if we can find any other tributes. About 20 meters away from us, 10 meters away from the cornucopia, we can just see the shadows of about 4 tributes in the setting sun. It looks like they've set up a fire and some sleeping bags. They've all gotten into their bags apart from one, who I'm guessing is going to be watching out for danger...