Chapter 27:

Chapter 27:

Reave’s POV:

As I watch the tribute fall to the ground dead, a loud ‘BOOM’ rings out. The carriers quickly group together and I can just hear some of their conversation; “We should stay here tonight, so we don’t have a repeat of last night…” says one, “yeah, but first let’s top up… with water... can get the body” another says and they all walk away. I’m guessing the full sentence is ment to be; “but first let’s top up our bottles with water so the Capitol can get the body”.

As they walk to the river, about 50 meters away from the cornucopia, the hovercraft comes and collects the body, and flies away, soon disappearing from sight. Soon enough, the carriers come back and start to talk about random things… like honestly, their favourite colour and their crushes. Honestly in a game like this, they MUST be stupid. But forgetting that I realise that their only going to survive with food, they don’t know how to hunt and kill animals, so without the food from the cornucopia they would eventually die of hunger, but probably not before they kill their ‘allies’. As I look around I notice another tribute in the bushes a couple hundred meters away from us. I instantly recognise him as the tribute from Torri’s district, Noah Guzman. The one that nearly jeopardised our sleeping spot. But what’s he doing here? What if he’s trying to jeopardise of cover right now? What if he’s planning our death right now? I turn to Torri and see that she’s also looking over at where Noah is, she eventually turns to me, her eyebrows crinkled in confusion. “What’s he doing here?” I lightly hear her whisper. I shrug my shoulders in answer.

I faintly hear a noise, I look around and eventually notice that it came from the carriers and there is a tussle going on. After about a minute of yelling, unfortunately I can’t hear what they’re saying, Brutus and another guy in their alliance stand up and just leave. The others all just watch them going before sitting in a circle and talking. I then see a flash to my right and I look over to see that Noah is running towards the carriers with some weapon in his hand. It sort of looks like a small axe or a large knife. But anyway when he gets to the carriers group he grabs the first one by her hair and get straight into action, slitting her neck with the knife. ‘BOOM’. He then goes for the second girl out of four, he grabs her and by now the other girls are finally on their feet and are grabbing their weapons but not before Noah, stabs the girl he was holding and I faintly recognise her as Jennifer ‘BOOM’. Then the other two girls decide to team up on Noah, the first one tries to stab him with her spear but he dodges, the other girl throws a knife at him and it just hits his arm. Drawing blood. Noahs’ reaction, to kill her. He dives for her, grabs her neck with his hands and with a very sharp and sudden movement of his arms he snaps her neck, ‘BOOM’. The last one left, Pearl, dives for him and with her spear and is just able to scrape his side, but enough for him to get a bit weakened. But in a split second, I don’t even know how but Noah kills Pearl ’BOOM’, and starts to run away, but not before grabbing a few supplies. One being a first aid kit and the other being a bag.

Just as Noah had gone through some bushes, safely hiding himself from other tributes, Brutus and the other guy get back carrying some wood. Once they reach the cornucopia they instantly drop the wood, and rush over to the dead bodies of what used to be their allies. Just then Noah, makes a really loud noise, it sort of sounds like he’s in so much pain but he’s trying not to scream… Yeah, it’s really weird. As I look back to the cornucopia I see that obviously the carriers have heard it to and are making their way over to the bush where Noah is. The other boy, ummmmmm... we’ll call him D2, because he’s from District two, quickly gets out his weapon of choice, a knife. And stabs it through the bush again, and again, and again. Each time a petrifying scream of pain can be herd, after a while D2 stops and it is all silent, when the cannon goes of ‘BOOM’, Brutus and D2 run off into the woods.